What to do for world's worst sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I was the same way. I would crave something so bad I would eat everything until I finally gave in. Not everyone is the same and substitutes don't always work....For me it was honestly just suffering through it for a few days and eventually the cravings/desire to eat those things subsides. Eat more protein, it will combat the cravings as well. Then you can add some back in limited quantaties...
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What seems to help me is frozen grapes! I know...sounds gross - but they are really good and helps my sweet tooth. Also, I keep chocolate chips on hand. You get a lot for a serving size and it takes a long time to eat.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    gum. and drink lots of water. If you can hold out for a few weeks, the sweet tooth goes away.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies and bars are nice for on the go when you need just a little something sweet.

Herbal tea is 0 calories but comes in a variety of yummy flavors, I'm sipping on some Pomegrante tea right now. I'm not big a big fan of splenda, but if I am in desperate need of something sweet, I will mix up some lemon juice, splenda and water to make my own lemonade. I can sip on either the lemonade or tea all day and it keeps me from reaching for snacks constantly.

Fruit is a big help. Either by itself or mixed with some Greek yogurt it satisfies the sweet tooth! Also, I have indulged a couple times in a 1/2 cup of 100 calorie Skondra's ice cream (I like Skondra's, it doesn't taste low calorie at all) and added a variety of fruit to the ice cream. Delicious and guilt free!
  • CyanOwl
    CyanOwl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found eating sugar free oreos (1 - 2 cookies) satisfies me. I make sure I stay full on water & protein rich foods (not my favorite).

Apples actually have a lot of sugar in them, hate to say it but you might as well eat something sweet at that point. The more you deprive yourself, the harder it can be to stick to it.

Watch out you're not feeding into your cravings, my doctor suggested zone bars for me to up my protein. They are phenomenal, tastes just like a candy bar.. oh, maybe because there is 14g of sugar in them?? After having one, I found myself wanting MORE. The sugar free oreos do not give me this sensation, maybe because they don't contain real sugar in them, just sugar alcohols.

I have had those smart one's desserts before. Or should I rephrase that, I've had the whole box.. watch what triggers you to want more, and as much as people hate artificial sweeteners, it's really helped me stick under my goal.
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted a recipe for skinny cupcakes, red velvet! I am going to try them.