Hello All!!

Options
Hi my name is Nicole. I am the mother of a beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter. I'm only 21 and I'm 45 pounds overweight. I feel horrible, I had lost 20 pounds (up and down) since I had my daughter. I am now back up to how much I weighed when I had my daughter. I feel so disgusted and unhappy about gaining all this weight back. I hope this helps. I started a couple weeks ago and then stopped tracking. I'm hopeing maybe I can find some support on these message boards to keep me motivated. Thanks. Have a great rest of the year!! :-)

Replies

• luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nicole. I am the mother of a beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter. I'm only 21 and I'm 45 pounds overweight. I feel horrible, I had lost 20 pounds (up and down) since I had my daughter. I am now back up to how much I weighed when I had my daughter. I feel so disgusted and unhappy about gaining all this weight back. I hope this helps. I started a couple weeks ago and then stopped tracking. I'm hopeing maybe I can find some support on these message boards to keep me motivated. Thanks. Have a great rest of the year!! :-)
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    I have found this a great place and I hope that you do as well. :smile:
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome back LuckyStars.:flowerforyou:

I am glad that you keep trying :bigsmile:

I'll keep cheering for you.:drinker:
  • rbkhhmn
    Options
    Hi - I've just started and I've found that even though I am tracking, I usually go over my calorie limit. In the past, I've become discouraged and stopped tracking at this point, because I don't want to face the fact that I'm not controlling my food intake well enough.

My sister just lost 60 pounds, and she did it by tracking her food every day. At first, it didn't work very well, because she still had her old habits. She didn't stop tracking, though, and little by little, she gained more knowledge about the foods she was eating, and what she needed to change.

So my advice is - don't stop tracking, even if you aren't doing well. Just committ to tracking every day, even if what shows up on the screen is depressing. It is the only way to learn what you are doing wrong!

My goal in tracking my calories this time around is just to stick with it, even if I don't like the facts that appear on the screen. I know I won't be perfect at first, but I know I will learn to eat more reasonably.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with rbkhhmn... I do tend to go over and then I don't want to track. but that my friend is not solving anything :-( Your story about your sister has already given me some motivation. I tend to do fine all day at work (I mean I do struggle not eating the doughnuts someone brought in but I can totally do it) its when I get home I just start to munch on everything. Thats definetly something that I learned from tracking last time. Thanks for welcoming me back guys. good luck to everyone!!
  • eva1069
    Options
    Hello, My name is Eva. I am a mother of 3 young men and married 17 yrs. I have gained 50 lbs. over the years and now I feel that I have gained more over the holidays of course, and now I have gotten into the habbit of eating so much that after each meal all I want to do is sleep and I do. I know that is not healthy. I have no energy to do anything. I am tired of feeling this way. I want to lose weight and be healhy. I don't want to wait until it's too late. So I am starting this today and I look forward to meeting you and getting lots of encouragement to start eating healthy, getting my engery back and feeling good about myself.

I hope that your are all doing well and have a blessed day.

Eva