Capoeria

Options
Has anyone tried this? I did a class on Saturday and I LOVED it! It was really good fun and while it was hard work, felt more like play than regular exercise. It worked too - I'm still having trouble walking today! :laugh:

Replies

• IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? I did a class on Saturday and I LOVED it! It was really good fun and while it was hard work, felt more like play than regular exercise. It worked too - I'm still having trouble walking today! :laugh:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My friend Dean does Capoeira and he's in AMAZING shape. I really want to join a group so I can learn too! Can you do a no-handed cartwheel?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I've only done a couple of those moves in the Turbo Jam dvd's. You are right, they are lots of fun to do.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who did capoeira. She was amazing, doing flips and contortions. She also had an amazing body....
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Can you do a no-handed cartwheel?
    Not yet! :laugh: But I've only been to one class.

I'm not surprised it gives you a great body, my legs were like jelly afterwards and I'm still aching now! Plus the two guys who were running the class were kinda sexy, which made it even more fun :wink:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends began learning Capoeria in Brazil, where it originated. Down there they literally have people get in circles and just practice - it looks like dancing. Hard to believe it was outlawed for years! :)

I wish i could find a school for it, its an amazing art.