Looking for ideas for giving a men's ring...

Options
kimi131
kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
The boyfriend and I have a "monthiversary" coming up on Friday. Not too long ago, he showed me a ring he liked, but I talked him out of it. He ended up leaving some of his stuff at my house, including the details on the ring :smile: . For our special occasion, I bought the ring for him. Only thing is, I know that the second he sees the box or the bag it comes in, he's going to know exactly what I got him. So, I want a creative way to give it to him that way it will still be a surprise. I'm not sure what we'll be doing that day, so things like scavenger hunts are probably out. A new spin on the box-inside-a-box might work. Any ideas?

Here's the link to the ring, if you're curious:
http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/R-1623SSTT/Titanium-Ring-with-Sterling-Silver-Cross/

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    A tool box? I've never known a guy who didn't like a tool box.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN!
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    Inside a box of chocolates... my Grandfather gave my Gran a pandora bracelet inside a ferrero rocher pyramid, ate the centre ones and sealed the box back up!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    He actually wants a ring? :huh:

I guess...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes.

That is all.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What's a monthiversary?
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Never gave a man a ring, but I love James Avery
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Tie it around your neck and tell him you have a surprise for him but he has to close his eyes and find it on you.
    Yeah I know its a fabulous idea!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    This is so sweet. Hide it in a goofy gift, like inside socks.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    how many months is this?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    when my mom doesn't want us to know what she's got us, i.e. something small, she bought a king sized candy and wrapped it with that.

ETA: I love the ring!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Buy him a dress shirt with a pocket. It could even be second hand. Tie a string on it and stick it in the pocket with a piece of card board the size of the pocket in front of the ring. Make him try it on, and while he is thinking what the heck did she get me this for, reach up and say "Oh, look there is a string hanging off the pocket" then have him pull it out or you pull it out. Surprise.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    ask him to pull your finger?

i dunno...i got nothing
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What's a monthiversary?

This.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    ask him to pull your finger?

i dunno...i got nothing

I like you.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    What's a monthiversary?

This.

It's longer than a Weekaversary
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What's a monthiversary?

I was wondering too so I googled it.This is what I got:
    Similar to anniversary, but occuring every month. For people who are overzealous about a new relationship.

Sounds about right. Teenagers I assume?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What's a monthiversary?

This.

It's longer than a Weekaversary

But shorter than a Seasonversary
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know somewhere you could hide it and tell him it's a fun game of hide and seek. :wink:
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    - When he comes home from work, throw the ring as hard as you can at his head and then say, "Now where's mine, p-word!"

- Tape it to your nipple so when it's time for love-makin he will cop a feel and find it. Then, when he puts it on in amazement say to him, "Does that thing give you special powers? *wink wink*"

- Make him his favorite meal and before you sit down and eat tell him you have something to say. Then get down on bended knee and start out with, "As you know it's our one month Monthiversary and..." then just fill in the rest with your own sappy stuff and finish it off with a marriage proposal.

- Tie it on a string and hang it on the garage ceiling so he knows where to park