Absolutely starved at 1300 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    5'9 and 132 lbs.. and you are looking for weight loss???? sorry I think you probably are more than within a heathy weight.. good luck

This. I'm 5'2 and 130 and even I don't need to lose weight o_O

The problem is that most people ''think'' what they need is to lose weight when in fact they need a good dose of heavy lifting to reshape their body
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried it because they are, IMO, extremely expensive, but chia seeds are supposed to go a long way towards making you feel really full.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling starved then your body is telling you that you need to eat more food!! Listen to your body!!

I think pretty much everyone else has commented that you are in a normal weight range... but in any case, you asked for nutrition advice: eat whole, real foods! What works well for me is making sure that at lunch and dinner, half of my plate is green veggies. (kale, broccoli, swiss chard, etc.) I also always have a protein with those meals and with my snacks. I also make sure that at lunch, I eat a healthy fat. These things together keep me satiated and I never go to bed hungry. (I eat about 1300 calories/day, but keep in mind I am only 4'11.)
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating at my TDEE of 1320, but I'm 5'2" and reasonably sedentary. You're quite a lot taller than me and more active, so I'm not surprised you're starving...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Im the same height as you, And I have been the same weight as you before. I'm 8lbs heavier than you now, But that's because now I have been lifting weights & building muscle...............

Your hungry because your body is at a low weight for your height and it wants food! I personally would say eat 1600/1700 calories a day, and do some exercise. Your be able to eat the foods you want, feel good after a workout and be happy!!!

Why starve yourself?

Sometimes our body is fighting to hold onto any fat, and from your stats, you have hardly any fat...
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You do not even need to be losing more weight.
    Why the big deal about being the lowest BMI you can be in the normal range?
    I mean, a person weighing more than you, but with muscle, will look better anyway, so why not aim for appearance rather than scale number. Why put your body through torture unnecessarily?

I have, like someone else said, a few "vanity pounds". I am an okay size, but I want a defined stomach and slimmer thighs.

I am not sure if the thighs are possible. In terms of proportions I am more or less an hourglass (proportional shoulders and hips, small waist) but I am leaning towards a pear in terms of fat and all the fat on my body goes to my hips, bum and thighs. I used to work out my legs every other day at the gym, but even at 125 lbs, which I used to be, they were still chubby. My mum has heavy thighs as well and she says I have the same large thigh muscles and that they'll probably never be skinny :(
    As for my tummy, I do situps and pilates exercises ("the 100"). But I know that to get that complete flatness, the fat on top has to go...

My bodyfat is slightly below 25% (it was 25, but I lost a few since then). I want it to be ideally around 22%. I like to have a butt and I don't want to lose it, but I know you can't 'point diet'.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I have, like someone else said, a few "vanity pounds". I am an okay size, but I want a defined stomach and slimmer thighs.

I am not sure if the thighs are possible. In terms of proportions I am more or less an hourglass (proportional shoulders and hips, small waist) but I am leaning towards a pear in terms of fat and all the fat on my body goes to my hips, bum and thighs. I used to work out my legs every other day at the gym, but even at 125 lbs, which I used to be, they were still chubby. My mum has heavy thighs as well and she says I have the same large thigh muscles and that they'll probably never be skinny :(
    As for my tummy, I do situps and pilates exercises ("the 100"). But I know that to get that complete flatness, the fat on top has to go...

My bodyfat is slightly below 25% (it was 25, but I lost a few since then). I want it to be ideally around 22%. I like to have a butt and I don't want to lose it, but I know you can't 'point diet'.

to lower your body fat and look more define the KEY is eat more and LIFTT HEAVY! (more protein and fats, specifically. they h elp you lose the fat you have and keep the muscle)

I am 5'6.5" and weigh 133# and have a body fat of 23%. that is one pound more than yu at 2.5" shorter than you. I eat 1500-1700 calories a day (on average, some days a little higher or lower) and lift weights 2-3 times a week and no very little cardio.

EDIT to ADD ** lifting heavy is relative. it is heavy to YOU. I have been lifting for 2 months now and my bench press and over head press are still only about 60#. but that is double the 30# I started with. So don't think lifting heavy means going out and squatting 200# this weekend.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Today I've had an immense appetite.. I think I've eaten around 1700 calories. I just want food and more food. And it's not like craving chocolate or chips (not that I have it in my house at all..) - I attacked the salmon salad I had in my fridge.
    I'm not PMSing, so can anyone else offer any reasons for hunger like this?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Today I've had an immense appetite.. I think I've eaten around 1700 calories. I just want food and more food. And it's not like craving chocolate or chips (not that I have it in my house at all..) - I attacked the salmon salad I had in my fridge.
    I'm not PMSing, so can anyone else offer any reasons for hunger like this?

maybe your body is trying to make up for all of the days that it didn't get enough. Eat the FOODZ today, drink plenty of water, and tomorrow eat up to your TTDEE -10% amount.
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You may not WANT anyone to tell you that you need to eat more, but you're going to hear it anyway.

You're at the very low end of a healthy BMI for your height and, although BMI is not really a great measure of health, it's close enough to say that you really don't have much (or anything) to lose and that, if you want to maintain long-term good health, you're going to have to eat well, and adequately.

If you *do* lose more weight, it's going to come off slowly - most likely quite a bit more slowly than 1/2 pound a week. Furthermore, one week isn't long enough to gauge success - even if you had lost 5 pounds in one week, there are so many variables (water weight being the biggest one) that it quite simply isn't a long enough period to measure progress or sustainability.

Aside from figuring out your TDEE and calculating a healthy and manageable deficit (if you really do think you need to lose more), fill whatever calorie allotment you get with lean protein, healthy fat, fibrous carbs, and plenty of fruits and veggies to get the most nutritional bang out of your caloric buck (I am personally a fan of indulging cravings sensibly, but if you just want to know how to get the most food content into your calorie goals, that's how to do it).
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get like this the day AFTER a really good workout. The day of I eat an average amount of food, but the next day I'm ravishingly hungry. Maybe it's the same for you?
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm not going to tell you aren't eating enough.

I too am 5'9'' I am 148 pounds and that's pretty skinny. So you are skinny already. Losing those last pounds is going to be torturous at that weight. If you just want to look better than drop the scale and hit the weights. Just a 15 pound dumbbell from walmart will help you in so many ways. Body weight exercise too.

Like I said drop the scale and firm your self up and you will be amazed.

As for calories I am eating about the same as you currently but am pumping up to 2000 on Tuesday.