2nd Week & Want Feedback Please & Friends

Options
kazinmich
kazinmich Posts: 13 Member
Hi! I started Keto on July 10th and I'm really wanting advice. My diary is open. Tonight's dinner was too much, my hubby encouraged me to finish my food, and it was too much. Anyway.. aside from that, what are your thoughts, suggestions, etc. Am I doing ok? I didn't run the script that fixes the Carb-Fiber, but I think that's ok anyway since I'm staying lower - am I too low?

I can answer any questions you have, and look forward to your feedback.

kazinmich (here & reddit)

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public, FYI (friends only, perhaps?). One of the biggest things I had to learn to lose weight is that leaving food is okay. I was the family garbage disposal, so I grew up with a "clean your plate or don't leave the table" mentality, which made it hard to learn proper portion sizes. Figure out how much you need before you start eating and stick to that. DOn't feel obligated to eat more just because it's there. I can't give specific advice since I can't see your diary (and I don't do the whole low-carb thing anyhow). Sorry I can't be more help.
  • kazinmich
    kazinmich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I keep setting it to public and it keeps reverting back to friends only. Not sure why??? it's driving me insane!!!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Any reason you are not supplementing with a protein shake or something? That could at least help bring you above 1500, increase your protein macro and keep your carbs down.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    What are your reasons for being keto?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    What are your reasons for being keto?

Have you seen the foods on there? YUMM! LOL

I would miss the occasional Scone & Bagel though!
  • mskristinlthomas
    mskristinlthomas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah....the "clean your plate" mentality hurts a lot of people. We are taught to waste not yet some of our foods are so crammed with calories!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hun, why are you on keto?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you epileptic or have some neurology disorder? If not then there's no reason to do Keto. If I were you, I would consult my doctor before going through with keto.

Just eat healthy and count your calories. Figure out your TDEE-20% and eat based on that amount. It's pretty simple.