Wedding invite: Help me decide what to wear!

Options
Full4Life
Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
Hi! I've been invited to a Brooklyn hipster musician's wedding and I'm going with my friend who is SUPER hipster, so I want to kind of fit in but still be appropriate.
HELP!

(sorry, my pictures are super dark, I live on the inside of a courtyard... no light!)

The most classic one, but I also feel it might be a little older, and not as hipster...
27710185_8657.jpg

The most hipster, kind of Marianne Faithful Boho... but the dress is brown - it's sheer and floaty with psychedelic flowers, but still BROWN! (I do have a really cool '70s necklace on if you can see...)
27710185_7801.jpg

This is the most my style, but decidedly, it's NOT hipster. FYI, I have on a shrug because I have a very unfortunate tattoo on my bicep from my teenage years. I'd go with this one, except for the necessity of the shrug!
27710185_2926.jpg

Replies

• Full4Life
    Options
    Sorry, I meant HIPSTER wedding! :-)
  • mhull57
    mhull57 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the bottom dress myself! haha... I vote that one, and is it an open bar reception? Cause you will so not care about the unfortunate tatoo after a hot second!
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
  • Full4Life
    Options
    God, I HOPE it's an open bar. They're all musicians and broke, so if it is, it'll be a kegger!
  • Full4Life
    Options
    I have the bottom dress myself! haha... I vote that one, and is it an open bar reception? Cause you will so not care about the unfortunate tatoo after a hot second!
    BTW... I LOVE that dress!
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Curl your hair and wear this one !

27710185_8657.jpg
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Curl your hair and wear this one !

27710185_8657.jpg
    Hair's already hella curly! But was thinking red nails, def!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    God, I HOPE it's an open bar. They're all musicians and broke, so if it is, it'll be a kegger!

if its a kegger ya might want to think what your wearing under the dress, especially if you plan on doing keg stands

:wink:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I like the brown.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    I like the brown.
    I like the brown, too. Doesn't come off in the photo, but it's sheer and definitely VERY boho... Just I wonder 'cause it's summer an' all. Brown's OK for summer?
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I vote for number 2! I just really think that dress looks cute on you! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I like #1 and #2 both.

If you go with #1 I'm thinking hair up, red nails, maybe some funky earrings

If you choose #2 then I'd say keep the wilder "down" hairstyle, but maybe instead of flats or pumps a pair of neutral sandals (low or high heel)?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm in noooo way hip to the hipster scene but I like 3!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    #2 is the most unique and flattering but #3 is nice too.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely like more '70s rock style. It's also the style my friend usually wears, since I'm going as his "date."
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Why would you ask here? There's barely any city folk here.... they probably buy dept store dresses with 20% off Sunday coupons.

Also, why do you have to fit in at a hipster wedding? Most NYC hipsters are transplants anyway from the same places as the people I mentioned above. They just wear the same getup as every other emaciated boho on the street. You should just wear what you like and not what some greasy indie kids from Missouri will approve of. BTW, I like the flowery one the most. You should extend that bicep tattoo into a half sleeve for the wedding and you'd be set.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm not totally sure what hipster is, but I like all 3. If you're worried about the brown being too dark accessorize with brighter/standout things. It looks like it cinches at the waist, get a bright belt. Wear bright shoes, big, funky earrings. I wear brown in the summer. I also wear white year round. ;) I'm not very fashionable... lol
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Number 3. If you buy a dress it ought to be what YOU like. Nobody but you is going to remember what you wore anyway. It's all about the happy couple.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like what #3 is doing for your figure.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Number 3. If you buy a dress it ought to be what YOU like. Nobody but you is going to remember what you wore anyway. It's all about the happy couple.
    That's a good point. #3 is honestly my favorite. The brown dress is brown because I wear it to work. Brown for me is not festive and NOT for summer... I was thinking of my friend when I was thinking of it.
    I just wish I didn't have that dang tattoo on my arm. All my HIIT training and my arms are AWESOME at this point
    Signing off and thanks for your help!
    (I think I'm gonna get some yellow earrings to go with #3!)