How?!

Options
How do I do this? I feel so alone in my battle here. I know its hard. But like this? I feel so lost

I have 2 kids, haven't really dropped all the weight from the last one and hs 3. I have 3 ppl, kids and hubby, that can eat all they want all day long and not gain a pound. Really daughter can get none stop all day and out eat me on pizza night and...shes underweight. Makes me wonder how Im related to these ppl.

I don't have enough time to make healthy food all the time so its often a choose between whatevers on the menu at work, or leftover pizza, or soemother fatty choose. I cant seem to get or keep enough healthy options stocked up.

Given that working out is HARD. When to find time, and it hurts. no matter what I do to work it hurts. arthris in my knees for yrs and the weight makes it worse, and I work 5 days a week on my feet to come home and clean/cook play with kids on my feet.

ugh. Im hitting bottom soon I think. too much going and no results. Felling stuck and All I want to do is eat.

Replies

• marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I know it's hard juggling a family and losing weight, but if it is something you wanna do it's something you have to put your mind to and stick with it.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to have a lot of excuses as to why you can't lose weight, eat healthy or exercise.

You don't have to limit yourself when it comes to eating. I started off at 253 and I still ate ice cream, pizza, all that stuff. The key is moderation. You can eat a slice or two or pizza, and then to fill up get yourself a bad of vegetables and eat those. Those new green giant steamer vegetable bags are often on sale and they are flavored extremely well. Pop them in the microwave and there you go. Yes eating healthy is hard, time consuming and can get expensive, but trust me it can be done. It's all about moderation.

Ok, I know what you mean about having bad knees. It's the gripe of having a baby; sometimes it can take us a very long time to recover. Have you tried low impact exercises like Pilates, yoga, or walking? Walking is rated one of the best exercises to do. My knees aren't the best but I don't let that be my excuse.

I know sometimes we need to vent in order to get over a slump. Just don't let your excuses keep you from achieving your goals. I know you can do it. You just got to wrap your mind around being able to do it.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    You know, in the beginning I was pretty tired. Prepping healthy food took work. Exercise took work. Logging everything on MFP was work. It was a lot more than I was used to. I just plugged away because I made the choice to make changes. Eventually I got less tired, the work was more routine and a little easier, and now the things that were hard work are second nature. Maybe get your family to help a little more. If losing weight is what you want to do, you will find a way to do it :-)

I forgot to add - I started off at over 350lbs. Moving around was not easy. I hurt every time I exercised. Now, my energy level is increasing, my stamina is increasing, and the aches and pains are going away.
  • cooi
    cooi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest thing is feeling like you're alone and battling your family. I know it can be really difficult to open up about things like your weight especially to those closest to you, but try to ENROLL your family in your weight loss journey.

As family they want to see you happy and want to be able to support you on that journey. Ask them to help you stay on track and motivate you! It's always an easier journey if you have some great company or cheerleaders along the way. :)