pedometer entry

Options
As a newcomer to this website, I would like to know how to add miles of walking registered by a pedometer into the "exercise" category. I only am finding how long one has walked at a certain pace.

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    walking at 3 mph hour for an hour is the same as logging that you walked 3 miles

walking at 3mph for half an hour would be the same as 1.5 miles

walking at 3mph for 2 hours would be the same as logging that you walked 6 miles.
  • gramecy
    gramecy Posts: 2
    Options
    I wear my pedometer everyday. I still do not understand how I log in my steps to my daily excersie.
    Today I only had 3.23 miles logged in. How do I log this?
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    how many calories does it say you burned? I ususlly go by that. I put it in as 3mph for however much time it takes to hit it.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Okay, if all of it was stuff you would have done anyway? It shouldn't be entered in a way that adds calories for you to eat. The calories you burned from walking 3000 steps are already included in your activity level.

And if you're getting less than about 6000 steps a day, your activity level should be set to sedentary......

I track my steps in a spreadsheet tab in the same document I track my strength training. I only log specific walks I take in MFP, though. I walk to work every morning, fast and without stopping, and I log that as 30mins at 3.5 mph. But it's only about 3000 of my daily steps, and I don't claim that because I walked 7000 steps I exercised for an hour.
  • gramecy
    gramecy Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a omron pedometer. Lets say for today I have so far 6244 steps , 2.21 miles. It is only early afternoon. I'll be adding more on today. Do I just list the calories that it shows me at the end of the day? and the minutes would just be?