S.B.F. Challenge. . .July 7

Good morning, fitness friends,

Today I have on the schedule weight training and elliptical.

Legs are stiff and sore. Ouch.

Good luck to all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Good morning, fitness friends,

Today I have on the schedule weight training and elliptical.

Legs are stiff and sore. Ouch.

Good luck to all!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning all! I hope everyone had a great holiday:flowerforyou:

I did the Level 3 Shred again and followed it up with a mile walk. Very humid here already so I'm glad I went early.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Happy Monday!

Today's plan... stationary bike this morning and a walk in the evening.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Its Monday and I am back at work. Wish I was outside instead.

Back to logging and trying to amp up my exercise to get some of the pounds off for good.

This last 10 is hard for me. Any advice????

Have a great day!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday was full of walking. Today is walking, strength class, and yoga.

I went the whole week without logging calories. Ate at two of the finest restaurants in town and went to the melting pot (nice but inept waitress, maybe stoned), had the best pizza ever, went to a party with tons of junk food, had dessert almost every night, and...didn't gain a single ounce. I'm going to try to not log this week either (now that it's a semi-normal week) and see how it goes. I will try to lose weight this week though and watch my intake.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Today I am going to try and use my stationary bike for 20mins. I hope tomorrow to bike 7.6km so 4 miles, towing my kids behind! My weight has gotten stuck so I think now I actually have to work hahaha :grumble:
  • Helo Everyone! I have been reading the posts and decided to join. Everyone here seems to be doing so much. I have a very active and strenous days work on the farm so my 12 km bike ride will be all that I can do. I am not sure about how to set a goal for the month because I have no scale? but my long term goal is to lose all the wieght in one year. Blessings for all
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yesterday was full of walking. Today is walking, strength class, and yoga.

I went the whole week without logging calories. Ate at two of the finest restaurants in town and went to the melting pot (nice but inept waitress, maybe stoned), had the best pizza ever, went to a party with tons of junk food, had dessert almost every night, and...didn't gain a single ounce. I'm going to try to not log this week either (now that it's a semi-normal week) and see how it goes. I will try to lose weight this week though and watch my intake.

Mary, I'm trying an experiment this week I'm calling "eat first. . .ask questions later". Essentially, what I'm trying to do is. . .well . . .eat. I'm getting a little dysfunctional having to check the computer before I eat anything. Basically, I'm going to eat when I'm hungry, eat until I'm full, record on paper and log at the end of the day to see how I did. I've also vowed not to weigh again until next month. Just part of transitioning away from dieting and into maintenance. Also, since I'm aiming for maintenance with some fat (not weight) loss. . .I'm trying to let any deficit I have happen from exercise. . .we'll see how it goes.

and hey, Christine. . .welcome! Why don't you measure instead of weigh, and then measure again at the end of the month? Just a suggestion. . .
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Hi, this challenge sounded interesting so I thought I would join. Today I plan to run a mile, and do the shred 2 video.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    elliptical and strength training were my agenda today as well!
  • yoginimary
    Welcome Kwill23 & christineH!

V- I'm trying to teach myself how to eat. I was not eating until I was full - I was eating until the calories added up correctly. I would eat diner (having an idea how much food it was), enter it, discover I had 300 calories left, and go eat some more. If I get off track and overeat, I will go back to counting; but I have to learn what the cues are to eating.

I'm also moving towards fewer prepared foods. I'm allowing certain foods, like pasta, that I don't want to ever make at home - but if it has something that I cannot buy at the store (soy lecithin anyone?), I'm working on cutting it out. There are some things I'm not sure I can live without (laughing cow cheese), but this is where I'm going. Of course, I've already cut out hydrogenated oils, though crisco is available, and I avoid white flour and sugar.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    wooohooo! 147lbs today! I had a great holiday weekend, parades, fireworks, etc. Great job to everyone over the weekend... on track for a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Can I join your challenge?

How does it work?

I see that you are all entering your exercie for the day, Is that all?

Today, I rode the bike at the Gym for 10 minutes, used free weights with my triceps, and walked on the Treadmill for 33 minutes.
  • yoginimary
    Can I join your challenge?

How does it work?

I see that you are all entering your exercie for the day, Is that all?

Today, I rode the bike at the Gym for 10 minutes, used free weights with my triceps, and walked on the Treadmill for 33 minutes.

Of course - and yes, we post our exercise and whatever else is going on in our lives :bigsmile:
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Count me in :bigsmile:

Today was the first day the scale told me I was under 230.. lol.. 229.6... but it's under 30.. it's probably been a year since I've been this weight.

I stuck with the elliptical machine today.. 45 minutes.. a good amount of resistence. I'm excited to be here at MFP! Thanks to all of u!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Yay! I actually did my exercise today! I did 12mins.. but better than nothing! hahaha
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Greetings from the road! Late-night check in for me!

I'm excited to report that we have a GREAT gym for this super-secret location (okay, we're in Ohio for Extreme Makeover Home Edition! Not so secret!). I got to the hotel at 11pm and just logged 45 minutes of a weights/ bike combo! I feel great.

So glad to see everyone is doing well! My goal for the next 14 days while filming is to work out 10 of the next 14 days, and to limit drinking to 2 nights over the course of the shoot.

And cut back on the candy! The sugar fiend has been on the loose lately!
  • and hey, Christine. . .welcome! Why don't you measure instead of weigh, and then measure again at the end of the month? Just a suggestion. . .
    [/quote]

I like the idea of meassering, ok this may sound wierd but I can never seem to do it right I either pull to much or not enough. I can never seem not get the right meassurement.
    I did 12 km. Today is swimming. first time this year. yeh.