• swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Unbelievable! Great work!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    Great job. You look amazing!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    thanks for sharing! hard to believe you still want to lose more though!
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks again everyone

and yea still more to go unfortunately, can't tell much from the pics but still got a belly on me and the old double chin (just) if i look down. I intend to go down the muscle building / body building route so want to get my fat percentage way down first!
  • what an amazing success!!! congrats on your hard work!!! I agree, a big fat (or skinny? :blushing: ) smile would be great!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Wow , that is really great. Wonderful job. So happy for you. You go........
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    wow! fabulous!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Congratulations, that's amazing. I'm always amazed at how much younger people look in their after shot. You could be your own younger brother. Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing, and good luck reaching 11 stones.
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    WoW, you look great!!! Keep it up, you're almost there!
  • hot!
  • WOW what a difference. amazing achievement!!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Very impressive! I'd suggest you start to incorporate some of the muscle building work soon b/c you may get down to a level where your body will be more prone to use caloric deficits to deplete muscle mass rather than fat stores. I got myself down to the 14% bf range and started to find myself losing weight but not losing the fat.

Basically whenever you're at a deficit the body breaks down some % of fat along w/ some % muscle, when the amount of fat you've got is much greater than muscle, the larger percentage burned will be fat, but as the fat stores deplete the body is less interested in taking from them and as such will take more and more energy through breaking down muscle - you don't want that to happen. You have to convince your body that the muscle is important and valuable to your survival and the only way to do that is to keep stressing it, overloading it so that your body is forced to pull from fat stores only.

Just something to keep in mind, I noticed this at around 14%, some others can get down lower before this creeps up. I know for me, the only way to lower my body fat at this point is to actually eat at or slightly above maintenance, lift heavy, and put on muscle.
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks whyflysouth, i have been doing weight training from the very beginning though and as i've been losing fat have begun slowly increasing the amount i do to a point now where i spend more time strength training than doing cardio. I've definitely built muscle over the process, strengths improved and it is visible in some areas but still covered up in pesky fat in the rest!

When i say i'll be moving more towards building muscle when i lower my fat percentage i mean i'll only be maintaining my calories as opposed to creating a deficit and focusing primarily on strength training.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    I checked out your pics and you look amazing...congrats to you on your success!
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    hot!

I second that!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Well done hun, you look GREAT! :love:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    fabulous, you look great. Well done on your excellent achievement :flowerforyou:
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Holy smokes darlin! Ur lookin like a whole new person! GREAT job.
    Feels good I bet to look at those Before's & After's. :) Good for you.
    :happy:
  • Wow! how did u do it? :O any tips?
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    You look absolutely amazing! It's like looking at a total different person. congrats! Maintenance is the best part! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!