Peanut butter substitute

Options

Replies

• Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks Jdayer!! I just googled the Waldens website and found loads of great things that can really help me keep my calories low!! the barbcue sause and salad dressings even sold in the single packets so you can take them along to a resturant for ya salad!! Just have to be careful of the sodium!! Pancake surups and jams!! YUMO!! will have to pass this on to my friends!! :flowerforyou:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the answer you're looking for.

You're welcome
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    for some things PB2 is terrific. I add it to smoothies or oatmeal and its great. Just mixed with water by itself...not so much. And thats ok. Everything I've ever tried from Walden's....was horrible.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Peanut flour! Tastes just like PB2 without the added sugar and has 16 g protein per 1/4 cup. Far less expensive than PB2 as well. I purchased mine from iherb.com (protein plus peanut flour). You can purchase it from byrdmill.com. Great stuff to add into smoothies, yogurt, use for baking, etc.

PB2 basically IS peanut flour. And it doesn't have any added sugar.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    PB2. It's fantastic!

http://www.bellplantation.com/products/chocolate-pb2.html

1lb-cpb2_1.jpg

I order it in one pound blocks, I always have at least one full one or I am reordering. A wonderful product.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the answer you're looking for.

You're welcome

bacon_is_the_answer_rectangle_magnet.jpg?height=460&width=460&padToSquare=true

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I just look for ones with no added salt or sugar. I'm in love with 100% nutz which is a NZ one.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    PB2 is crap. I don't see what the harm is in eating regular, natural peanut butter. It's high in fat but they're good fats. I usually buy Adam's organic peanut butter which consists of just peanuts and salt.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just use the organic ones with no more than 2 ingredients: peanuts and sea salt. You can get them without salt, too, but then it doesn't taste that good.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use natural peanut butter that is just peanuts and salt - no added sugar or fats or trans fats or anything.
  • Anport
    Anport Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have both on hand, I like to put PB2 in my oatmeal and some cookie recipes as a flavoring. Although if you get that craving for creamy peanut butter on toast or apples, I'd go for the real thing.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Foodie Fiasco's Instant Low Calorie Peanut Butter is only 15-20 cals a tbsp!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    oh, and natural peanut butter without anything added is about 80 calories a tbsp, and tastes pretty legitemate.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I use organic almond butter because it has less saturated fat (although similar calories) and I also have a peanut intolerance.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Great Value Natural Peanut Butter from Walmart. Before that I was using the Jif Natural. because the regular peanutbutters all had Partially Hydrogenated Oil in them.

I use PB2 in my shakes though and it is great.

What I really love when I can get it is the fresh ground peanut butter from Publix's Deli. it is incredible.
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For those saying that they don't see what's wrong with regular peanut butter, while it may be a "source of healthy fats", at 200 calories a serving, it's not something you can indulge in a lot if you are on a calorie restrictive diet. For people like me who are completely obsessed with peanut butter and like to put it on/in everything, PB2 is the most wonderful thing ever. 2 tablespoons is only 45 calories, and because you add water, you can make it as thick as you want. I love making it more liquidy and using it as a dip! Put it in smoothies, oatmeal, shakes, cereal, baked goods, etc.

Regular PB is good, but it's just too high in calories.
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Better 'N Peanut Butter. It's not bad. Now I just eat Natural PB, Almond Butter, Soy Nut Butter in small quantities.
    I love fruit butter too in small amounts, like fig butter and pumpkin butter.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Whats PB2? where do you buy it etc?
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Peanut flour! Tastes just like PB2 without the added sugar and has 16 g protein per 1/4 cup. Far less expensive than PB2 as well. I purchased mine from iherb.com (protein plus peanut flour). You can purchase it from byrdmill.com. Great stuff to add into smoothies, yogurt, use for baking, etc.

PB2 basically IS peanut flour. And it doesn't have any added sugar.

Yes it does.

http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    pb2 or I think jif makes a less fat PB. However, that being said did you know PB has more antioxidants than blueberries? FYI, the fat in PB is a good fat. PB2 is dried peanuts that you reconstitute in water. Some people like it. I think it is good for mixing in shakes, but not on its own.

Absolutely agree with this post. I will mix it in shakes but on its own it's terrible.