• RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Have you seen 'Insidious' ?
  • mio_amore
    mio_amore Posts: 29
    Options
    Have you watched Goosebumps? lol jk

If you like classics try Rosemary's Baby (more of a terrifying thriller)

But if you really want to be chilled all the way to your toes try Audition (1999) . I could only watch this once.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    The new evil dead came out yesterday but lots of blood and guts. I loved it
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    the best ever in my opinion

The descent and The descent II

check out the trailer on youtube.

group of girls go climbing and hiking. cave exploration. one of the girls lies and says yeah this cave is known and described but its not. they go inside and then the horror starts.... they are not alone in the depth.....THRILLLLL

i love this movie. watched like 54654 times lol

also good:
    wrong turn
    the hills have eyes
    let me in
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Funny Games is a decent psychotic thriller to most people but I thought it was hilarious. It's not the scariest movie ever but it's a good watch with a good edge to it.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Options
    and I thought the cabin in the woods is the worst movie ever
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    The first one that came to my mind was "Hide and Seek" which I watched recently. Most horror movies don't really scare me and this one was no different, but it had a bit of a twist ending so I guess it wasn't too bad.
  • s16lad
    s16lad Posts: 197
    Options
    Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension). Really good if you can manage subtitles...
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Okay found my list of recently watched movies. None of these really scared me much though to be honest. But some of them were good. Anyway here they are (i gave short little descriptions so you'd kind of know which one you'd rather watch):

Hide and Seek - Had a kid in it being creepy, so it was pretty interesting.
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose- It was okay, mostly about proving a priest innocent after an exorcism "gone wrong."
    The Possession - Kid gets possessed, parents try to find help. It was okay.
    Insidious - Very interesting plot. About a kid exploring his dreams quite literally and gets lost.
    The Haunting in Connecticut - Kind of sad ending. Pretty good.
    The Blair Witch Project- Kind of annoyed me to be honest.
    The Last Exorcism - Very interesting and surprising ending.. About a kid who is possessed again.

These are my most recent ones :3 Hope I helped a little.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Sauna - Wash your sins", historic and very, very evil. Everybody watch iiiit <3
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Session 9 is really good if you want genuine tension
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The Cabin in the Woods is awesome and I enjoyed the hell out of it. (It's satirical horror, not so much scary as hilarious... I haven't yet met a person who didn't love it).
    I personally didn't find Sinister that frightening, but most reviewers/my friends felt otherwise, so you could give that one a whirl.

Edited because lol I forgot how to grammar.

I HATED THAT MOVIE.
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is actually classified as SciFi but it will Scare you to death.

The Original version (1956) "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

Forget the remake.

Dan
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A tale of two sisters
    The Orphanage
    Let the right one in
    ...all foreign, which are the best kinds :)

I second all of these! :-) Good choices. x
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The Cabin in the Woods is awesome and I enjoyed the hell out of it. (It's satirical horror, not so much scary as hilarious... I haven't yet met a person who didn't love it).
    I personally didn't find Sinister that frightening, but most reviewers/my friends felt otherwise, so you could give that one a whirl.

Are you serious? Cabin in the woods is the worst film i have ever seen
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't like blood & guts movies either... These are some of my favorite spooky/supernatural/gets-you-thinking movies.
    The Orphanage

One of the best movies I've ever seen. After 5+ viewings, it still chills me to the bone.
    The Cabin in the Woods is awesome and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

^Agree 1000% TBH I'm shocked at the number of people who hate this movie.. Different strokes, I guess. It's really witty and satirical, and pokes fun at the whole scary movie genre while giving the viewers a few thrills. Just a smart, creative horror-comedy.

And finally: Drag Me to Hell. Another mix of humor-horror, but believe me, you will jump (and if you're a baby like me - scream!)
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Options

true true
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My fav for horror, more blood than saw. Inside is my fav - weird lady trying to steal the baby 'inside' her and martyrs - nice n messed up.
  • battyg13
    Options

This...

I sooo much hated that movie

they ruined it after about 15 minutes by taking all the scare out of it. not that it looked particularly scary anyway.
  • battyg13
    Options
    I have a few faves but none of them scare me.

28 Days Later
    28 Weeks Later
    Candyman
    Dog Soldiers
    Exorcism Of Emily Rose
    An American Haunting
    The Exorcist.
    Pretty much anything Circa 1990 as well.
    All modern day "horrors" are rubbish. no imagination or direction to them except for the bogeyman. Sam Raimi is a quality director.