Tea Drinkers

Options
Do you drink tea? If so, what kind do you drink? Do you add sweeteners or creamers? Why do you/don't you drink tea? Iced or Hot?

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Teavana :)

I have Golden Jade (green tea) at the office, and drink it unsweetened.
    At home I have a mix of: Blueberry Bliss, Kona Pineapple Pop, Strawberry Lemonade, Celestial Temple Peaks, and a few more.

The fruity teas I'll usually put a little German rock sugar in. No creamers as I'm not English :P. I drink fruity teas cold in the summer and I drink it because I like tea :)
  • unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 4 cups a day of tea; I love it; The main reason I drink tea is because I hate water just as it is, so tea helps me actually get to the suggested 8 cups of water per day. I've always been a tea drinker, but once I started watching what I was eating and trying to lose weight I switched from herbal teas to green tea, since its antioxidants are supposed to help supercharge your metabolism. I've tried so many brands, and I found that my favorite is The Republic of Tea, for both green tea and any kind of tea. I drink both iced and hot teas. I make my own iced teas, since the kinds you buy at the store have a laundrylist of bad ingredients in them. I don't use any cream or sugar in my hot or iced teas, since I'm stingy with consuming 30 calories or more just in a drink haha and I think they taste fine just the way they are. :smile:
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All sorts! I like what we call 'builder's tea' in London, strong with a dash of milk. In hot weather I like Earl Grey with lemon, or fruit teas .Camomile is good at bedtime or for a cold and peppermint is good for indigestion. And I love redbush (rooibos) tea from South Africa as a late evening drink as it has no caffeine to keep me awake. I usually use sweeteners,so used to them I find sugar the wrong kind of sweet!
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drink a variety of teas both iced and hot. I like Teavana as well but I don't use it that often . I drink hot green tea pretty regularly in the office without anything added, I like it for antioxident benefits and increasing the metabolism. I also drink African Rooibos (sp?) red tea also without anything added to it, for the same anti-oxident benefits as the green tea. At home I like hot english breakfast tea and that I do add a bit of milk and sugar or honey just to cut the bite. I love Starbucks chai latte but that's saved for a special treat due to the calories! California Pizza Kitchen has some unwseetened peach or raspberry iced teas that I usually get when I eat there.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I usually drink Oolong or Wheat tea. I can drink it hot or cold and I rarely add anything to it.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    There's so many kinds!! I always go with hot tea, usually either black or green (i have this blueberry antioxidant green tea that is to DIE for iced!) but i don't think i'm much of a tea drinker. i'm not really a fan of it's flavor if it hasn't got cream and sugar in it (for hot tea) except black tea, i can drink that plain all day
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea! I drink about 2-10 cups a day. Here are my basics:

Teas to which I add NOTHING:
    Chamomile
    Green
    Sleepytime
    Yerba Mate

Teas to which I add sugar (or stevia sweetener, which is easier to keep at work):
    Ceylon
    Plain ol' Lipton
    Celestial Seasonings Caffeine-Free Thai tea

There used to be more, but since moving to S. America I've largely had to rediscover teas based on what's available, and build my collection from there. I use Ceylon to brew my own chai tea. The powdered chai crap is such a joke, and I've yet to buy a chai tea in a cafe that I enjoy. Oh, I also really like boba tea drinks! They're super caloric though...
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    At work, I drink Hot green tea,.

We have a filtered hot water spigot so it's super easy.

I'm currently drinking Bigelow Green Tea (decaffeniated) and I buy it in bulk on amazon.com.
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    Also: I drink an average of four cups a day. I don't add anything to the tea.

I drink for health benefits, and it gives me variety since the only other daytime beverage is water.

I noticed that they set the Air Conditioning really low where I work, so it also helps keep me warm.

Making tea also gives me a reason to leave my desk and socialize with the coffee drinkers.
  • Ennaelangels
    Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of tea, especially a nice chai tea (without the milk) or peppermint tea... but with the hot weather we have here at the moment I'm drinking a lot of cold brew ice tea, which tastes awesome, and no sweetener needed :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Teavana :)

I have Golden Jade (green tea) at the office, and drink it unsweetened.
    At home I have a mix of: Blueberry Bliss, Kona Pineapple Pop, Strawberry Lemonade, Celestial Temple Peaks, and a few more.

The fruity teas I'll usually put a little German rock sugar in. No creamers as I'm not English :P. I drink fruity teas cold in the summer and I drink it because I like tea :)

You really are my bro.

I like, Phoenix & Dragon Pearls, Monkey Oolong, Kona Pineapple Pop, Samurai Chai, Strawberry Lemonade, and Blueberry Bliss.

No Creamer, rock sugar or depending on the tea- no sugar at all.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I try to drink at least 1 cup of green tea each day, I drink it hot (well maybe not hot but luke warm) no cream or sugar just tea and H2o. Green tea has antioxidants, a little potassium, and without any additives 0 calories what else could you ask for from nature and 0 calories, oh yea and caffeine.
  • callistasky
    callistasky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink both hot and cold tea. For cold tea, I brew my own sun tea with whatever brand is on sale Luzianne/ Lipton whatever ( but I really like the expensive bulk tea I buy but it costs 10x as much). I drink cold tea instead of water, because I quicky become bored of water and then start hating it. Now, I drink iced tea and when I drink water it isn't bad. If you are looking for something without caffine, try jamica also known as hibiscus. It can be found in bulk at mexican markets and is quite tart, but a beautiful color.
    For hot teas, I drink a mix, black, green, herbal and roobois. I even found a coconut creme and mocha tea. I grew up in Humboldt county and used to go to Moonrise Herbs http://www.moonriseherbs.com/. I recently found out they also ship now that I live 300 miles away. I swear by the tea and it's decently priced since it is bulk.
    Hint: The more highly seasoned something is, the less need for sugar or creme. Also, if it is fruity flavored it can fake you into thinking it's sweet since we always relate say blueberries with sweet.
  • wendyholla
    wendyholla Posts: 11
    Options
    I drink iced tea all year round, only hot tea if I am sick. I usually make a mixture of black and green tea in my iced tea maker. I'm trying dandelion now, which isn't bad. I never sweeten my tea. I am originally from Montana and we don't sweeten iced tea there for the most part, or at least that's the way it was growing up. I very rarely drink soda so iced tea is what I drink instead. I also drink a lot of water and I love that I can have either without adding calories!
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    I am an obsessive tea drinker:heart:

- yogi tea, stash tea, lipton, twinings....on days I eat healthy.
    - when it's Friday, I have a treat afternoon..which is a hot chocolate with marshmallows or whipped cream, OR an iced coffee with chocolate syrup :)
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea blogger (oolong owl). I drink, well, lots of tea. Majority of the time I drink loose leaf, the bagged stuff tastes like paper and plastic silk tea bags have been suggested to leak plastic into the hot water. Cheap bagged brands of loose leaf have fillers like lawn clippings too!

Mostly whites, greens, herbals, pu'er, oolongs and the odd guayusa. I found pu'er and guayusa are fantastic for making me feel full. My favorite shops are Steep City, Mandala, Della Terra, Butiki and DavidsTea.

Sweeteners? Just in iced tea. For summer time, I like doing cold steeps and they usually come out sweeter without adding any sugar.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Love tea. Love Iced. I don't add anything at all. I love anything with ginger in it and green tea is my favorite.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I drink waaaay too much tea. I like all kinds (except white).

Unsweetened faves:

Iced tea made with Lipton Wild Berry, or Twining's 4 Red Fruits.

Hot tea - Twinings green tea with Apple & Pear, Celestial Seasonings Rooibos African Orange Mango

Sweetened faves:

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice with milk & honey

Twinings Pumpkin Spice (or French Vanilla) Chai - with milk & honey
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge drinker of tea. I like Celestial Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai, Bigelow Vanilla Chai, Bigelow Wild Blueberry Acai Herb Plus,
    Bigelow Raspberry Royale tea, Bigelow Green Tea with Pomegranate. Celestial Country Peach Passion herbal tea, Bigelow Eggnogg'n tea, Bigelow Cranberry Apple herb tea, Bigelow Green Tea with Mango, Bigelow Mint Medley herb tea.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 cups of hot tea every day & iced tea in the afternoon.Don't add sweetner or milk. Celestial Seasonings ,Bengal Spice is a fav.It has lots of cinnamon flavor.Earl Gray breakfast tea,plain Lipton for hot tea.I like peach & raspberry flavored teas.

Sounds like MFB has a lot of tea drinkers.