Calling all 5'9 or above ladies

Options
So here's the deal..I can't get myself passed that number on the scale...I weigh more than all of my friends..I know I'm taller so that needs to be taken into account. Are there any tall girls out there that would like to share their weight, size etc...I feel so alone and the air is thinner up here..no pun intended.
Cheers,
Chip

Replies

• jeanmmayo
    jeanmmayo Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 6'1 and weight a whole lot more than my friends and a whole lot more than I want, I know what I want to loose but know when I look good, I don't take any notice of the weight they say I should weigh as I weighed that when I was born lol
  • joanneyuhas
    Options
    I'm 5 9 and weigh 203. Clothing size is a 12. I exercise at least 4 times a week including zumba, body pump and core strength. It took me 2 years of working out to look it. I didn't lose too much weight but dropped from a size 16. All the charts state that i am obese. I'm not! I would like to lose another 10 but am not too unhappy with myself.
  • cougar2007
    cougar2007 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and I fluctuate between 155 and 152.5 on the scale. I blow my 5'3" friends away when I tell them how much I weight.

I work out 5-6 times a week though and my weight has been on the ups since I have finally started cutting that last bit of belly fat away and increased my lifting weights.

If I may ask, have you taken any other stats besides just the one the scale tells you?
  • ChippyDD
    ChippyDD Posts: 4
    Options
    I have done the stats..BMI(which is a horrible predictor of body comp.) 22.1, Using measurements and weight body fat is 16.5% and I take a size 6/28....I think I need to toss the scales...but then I won't know how much I've lost..ha ha
  • copp9
    copp9 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am 6'0" and currently weigh 224 at a size 14. My goal is to weigh 190 and be a size 10/12. My best friend is 5'2" and weighs 125 pounds and we're both trying to lose weight together, even though she is the size that I was in probably 1st or 2nd grade. :)

I eat 1500 calories a day and do a variety of exercises 4x/weekly and walk every day and lose about 1.5 pounds per week. You just have to accept that we're bigger people and will never weigh in the range of the average population. The few people I do tell what I weigh can't believe I weigh over 200 pounds, which is a great benefit for tall people like us because if you do pack on a few extra pounds, it has so much room to spread around on that it isn't as noticeable compared to really short people.

Accept what you were given!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I weigh 140 and 17% body fat. I'm between a size 2-4. I eat 1500ish calories a day, I run (half marathon training), do body pump, bootcamp 3 times a week, spin class 2 times a week, and yoga once a week.

I feel like I weigh more than most girls because I'm taller, people are usually surprised when they learn how much I weigh. They tend to think I must be in the 120s but I am NOT lol.
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I am, by far, taller than all of my friends. I'm 5'9 weigh 145 and wear a size 6. Do not feel alone! Besides, if it weren't for us, how would all of our friends reach anything on the top shelf?!!!
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 510 and when started I was 218 Im down to 179 and one of my friends thought when i started i was 190 and im 150/160 now.. she could of just been nice but since we are taller we give off different appearances...