Feeling really down. :(

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm new, so hopefully I'm posting in the correct place! I have always had issues with my weight, but it hasn't ever been anything too serious. However, i have been extremely vulnerable (sp) these past few weeks and I am in a huge depression slump. The main thing that started this was my own fault. I'm getting married this october, and I bought my wedding dress last September. Super early, i know. But I live in California and recently moved here from Chicago, so my fiance and I still don't know very many people. My mom visited us in September, and it was the only time I would be with her before my wedding, so if I didn't want to go dressshopping alone I had to go then. And plus, I've pretty much stayed the same weight since high school (I'm now 26) so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. Wrong. A wonderful, lovely woman called me fat the other day while I was at my pool. (Nice, right?) i sunk into a depression and decided to try on my dress. It barely fits now! I can get it zipped, but with a lot f force, which I didn't have when i purchased it. My fiance told me he think it's because my boobs have grown (not sure if thry have or if it was his way of sucking me out of my slump.) I've been doing some weights, but idk if it would make my back be bigger to not zip it up? My conclusion? Clearly I gained weight. Which, I did. I've been around 155-160 for the past 7 years. I'm 5'7 and a larger frame. Not "fat", but my frame is bigger. I did tons of sports growing up an my mom isn't a tiny figure. But now I'm around 163. Three. Pounds. Heavier. And i feel like i weigh like 500 more now. Part of my problem is that my fiance and I don't eat very well. We eat out quite a bit, mainly becase it's easy and we just don't know good healthy things to make. I workout 4-5 days a week, usually for 30,45 min at a time running on the treadmill. I'm also a nanny, so I try to take the kids on a walk with the stroller daily. Today, I walked them for 1 1/2 miles, and am planning on working out for an hr when I get home on the treadmill. But i have a mad snacking problem, especially since I'm a nanny. I am beyond terrified that i won't be able to get back into my dress by Aug 17th for my dress fitting, and am terrified they won't be able to make it bigger. I am upset and disgusted with myself for letting myself get this fat, and am just looking for support. :(

Replies

• Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''7 and 166---I know how you feel. I am in the same boat about depression. I eat clean, but have had three babies in four years and my body is wrecked. I don't have any advice because I'm just starting out myself--but I want you to know that I am walking in your shoes--I hate my body and feel like I'm in a slump as well.

((hugs)).
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey there,
    just wanted to say that i was kind of in the same situation. i bought my wedding dress last fall about 2 or 3 sizes too small off the rack for $50. i started going down a healthier path at the beginning of february and was able to lose 35 lbs (and run my first 5k without stopping) before my wedding on june 14th. my dress fit FANTASTICALLY and i feel great. i am now excited to go even further with my journey. if i can do it, you can too! stick with it... tell yourself you have to do this to get that dress on.
  • soccerash21
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Thank you both so much for your comments and support! :) I tried on my dress again, and I think it was the bra thing I was wearing underneath, because my fiance got it to zip up! It's still a little tighter then I remember when I purchased it, but I'm going to work really hard at counting my calories and exercising. Yesterday I walked almost 2 miles at work, and then came home and ran an additional two. So hopefully I can cut my bad eating habits and can get my weight down. I'm pretty sure my scale is broken, so that's not helping either. I weighed myself lastnight before bed and I was 158, and this morning I was 164..? And I don't think I ran out in the middle of the night and scarfed in n out or mcdonalds, so I think perhaps I need to invest in a new one! For me I just have a hard time not snacking during the day, so it is going to be a challenge to not do it!