6 pounds in 3 days after surgery

Options
Ive had an open hernia repair on Monday and jumped on the scales this morning and I've gained 6 pounds on my Sunday weigh in

I'm guessing this is due to water and swelling but did come at a bit of a shock

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yep would be just fluid etc...I would be focused on recovery not weight loss at this stage tho.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree, its all the extra fluids pumped in your body/
  • strick1982
    strick1982 Posts: 75
    Options
    Give it a couple of weeks and those 6 lbs. should be gone.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I had out patient surgery yesterday. Got on the scale this morning. I freaked too. I was up 5 pounds!!!!
  • abk1968
    abk1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks folks

Im still in lots of pain and have put 2 inches round my waist with fluid which im told is normal

plan is to eat normal for the next two weeks need food energy for healing than get back on the plan
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Get well soon
  • abk1968
    Options
    thanks for the kind messages

been told by the doctors need to walk at least half a mile a day to help with the healing

have installed run keeper in the phone and planned out some nice half and 1 mile walks for each day next week still have the 6 pounds Im gained after the surgery but sure it will slowly go over the next few weeks
  • abk1968
    Options
    the weight has stayed with me for the whole week and as it weigh in day today have had to record the gain its strange even though I know its fluid from the op part of me is gutted