How do YOU stop late night cravings?

Options
13»

Replies

• naijabella_edu
    Options
    Change Or Develop A LateNight Ritual That Consists Of Brushing, Flossing Ur Teeth. All The Hard Work Will Make U Dread Putting Anything In It Mouth But Water. The Minty Freshness Will Last All Night And Serve As A Reminder Not To Ruin All It Hard Work. Be Sure To Drink A Nice Talk Glass Of Water. I Do A Big Gulp Size Cup Of Water With Lime.
  • chikoboo
    chikoboo Posts: 18
    Options
    I drink buckets of water whenever I eat so it fills me up more, add chia seeds to a few meals and always set a cut off time for eating and then brush and mouthwash your teeth. That always helps me, that and a packet of sugarfree mints I can chew on when the cravings hit
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Maybe this was mentioned, but for some reason brushing my teeth when I have a craving helps limit or eliminate it...

This works for me too.

I've never been a snacker, period, so I might be missing the whole point of this thread because of that.

I don't believe late night eating is horrible, or anything, but I finish up my daily calories at dinner and then I consider my kitchen closed. I floss, brush, and even if I stay up for many more hours, I don't eat again.

Sometimes I'll make my fiance a little snack but I'm just not tempted to because I've either already reached my daily calories or anything I can think of to snack on would send me way over on sugar, so I'll wait and have it the next day even if I work it into my lunch or dinner meal.
  • vintagegirl3
    vintagegirl3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this works for anyone else but I drink water with a Crystal Light packet in it. The water fills me up and the flavour satisfies the craving.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,662 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long I plan to stay awake, I will just brush my teeth. I absolutely HATE the taste of most things after brushing my teeth so it prevents me from eating.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    go to bed and don't get up until it's morning!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell

Or, I eat a big meal before dinner. Drink lots of water.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like having an after-dinner snack, so I plan for it. But other than that, I just keep myself busy until I fall asleep. In the evenings I will read a book or work on a craft project - keeps my hands and my brain busy. And has the bonus of relaxing me before bed, too, so that I fall asleep easier. :)
  • fruitlessbanana
    Options
    Going to bed early sounds so simple but it actually worked last night, awesome! Thanks for answering everyone (: