Ideal weight for tall women.

Options
I'm 6/1 back in dec I weighed 227 I'm now 186. I'm happy with the weight I'm loosing my goal would be 170. I'm also alot of muscle my body fat percentage is 20.9. What is other tall women's ideal weight?

Replies

• BrensKimberly
    BrensKimberly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is between 150-160
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and I'd love to be 145! :-)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.75". I want to be 170 and 25% body fat.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I once weighed 170 and it looked good on me. I wanted to slim down more so I'd say 150-160 like Kimberlys78.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    5'9 here and currently I am 142lbs....138 is my "goal" but if I never get there I will not be unhappy because I am more into toning now and know that I may not loose any more
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    There really isn't an ideal weight, it's more about bodyfat percentage and how YOU want to look. I'm at about 25% bodyfat at 183 lbs(last month). I'd like to get to about 20% boyfat, and I have no idea where the scale will be when that happens.
    My scale is actually somewhere under my bed (a scary place) so I'm not focusing on the number :smile: and congrats on your weight loss.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Tall is a relative term... that said, I'd be perfectly happy at 21-ish BMI...
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 153, I want to get back to 145, pre-baby weight.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    HIi, 5'10'' here, I started off at 170 (my heaviest) , currently 137, 2-5 pounds from goal so taking it slowly. Took about a year to lose it all. I will say that it depends on your build..some people my height at 170 would look amazing but it didn't suit me at all (pear shape with hips enough for two people). Good luck :-) x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    5 ft 9 and 140lbs.....don't think our get down to 135 now as built too much muscle
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 - ideal for me is 145-155. But everyone is different!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    But it's not so much about the weight. It's what looks good on you. Muscle weighs differently. You could be heavy in terms of pounds yet look great because you have some toned muscle.

Keep that in mind ladies and don't beat yourself up because of what the scale says.

You all are doing a great job and look FAB! Keep it up.

:flowerforyou:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    But it's not so much about the weight. It's what looks good on you. Muscle weighs differently. You could be heavy in terms of pounds yet look great because you have some toned muscle.

Keep that in mind ladies and don't beat yourself up because of what the scale says.

You all are doing a great job and look FAB! Keep it up.

:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I bounce around between 136 and 138.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' exactly and currently weigh about 160-165lb. I'd like to drop a further 10lb, but I have a small frame - I'd have my goal set higher if I were bigger boned and/or more muscular. I'd like to be using bodyfat% as a goal now as well as just weightloss, but it seems pretty difficult to get an accurate estimate.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and a smidge and curvy. I am at 151, which is actually under my original, long range, never thought I'd make it goal. I look good. If I wanted to really good - like tv show good - I'd exercise a lot more to get better abs or go down to 140. I've been there before - 23 years ago. That is not a goal for me, but I am comfortable with my current eating patterns and am just keeping on keeping on.

I see people at my height saying they want to be 130 or lower. I was that when I was a teenager and dancing. My ballet instructors told me I was too thin. Just saying.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" plus a bit. My goal is 155, if I were younger maybe a few pounds less. I currently weigh 163, this looks slender on my body type. I started at 218.
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have a body fat caliper that's how I know I'm 20.9. I'm very broad and bigger muscle build. I would think 140 on me would be to small. 186 looks good on me. I still have some fat on me if like to loose so I went with 170. I'm learning its deff not bout weight it's bout how you look and feel. I also gained weight from having a baby he is now 14 months.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5ft and my ultimate goal weight is 145lbs.
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 or close to it and I'd like to be 145 to 155