How do you reward yourself?

Options
I'm trying to think of little goals to keep my motivation going, I was thinking at 7lb off i'll get my nails done, at 14lb i'll buy some new makeup, at 24lb i'll buy a dress that isn't from Asda.

How do you reward yourself when you have done well?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My rewards usually end with me going to my favorite chinese food restaurant.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror.
    #win

I do that too.
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not rewarding yourself with food. Small personal items are the best! things that will make you feel extra good. I like that!
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't ever really reward myself when I hit goals, I just enjoy going shopping for clothes (at thrift stores) as my old clothes become way too big, and once I hit my final goal, I will be going on a big shopping spree for new clothes to fill my closet!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I tighten my belt another notch.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    how about buying yourself some new workout clothes or shoes? i cute outfit is a good excuse to go show it off at the gym :)
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by shopping :)
    Buy something maybe you couldn't buy before because they didn't have your size? It motivates me so much to think about wearing something I couldn't before!
    Best of luck! :)
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    I hope to see some great responses in this thread - I could also use some fresh ideas for rewards.
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    Reward???? Getting healthy and living longer and feeling better is not enough of a reward?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror.

This ^^ Looking and feeling better is all the reward I need.
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I walk around in public with my shirt off. Not suggesting this for women though. :wink:
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have my rewards on my profile. My first one for hitting 170lbs was buying new underwear! I also bought new gym clothes! :)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Moose tracks ice cream, Haagen Dazs is also suitable... Jars of peanut butter anyone?
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I actually have a spreadsheet of milestones and trinkets to get. It's all silly innocuous stuff with the exception of a serger and a dressform when I actually get closer to the "ultimate goal size."
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I wear less and less clothes!
  • nicolaturner1986
    nicolaturner1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "Reward???? Getting healthy and living longer and feeling better is not enough of a reward?"

Of course it is, but when you have a long road ahead of you, little rewards or treats for acheiving little goals can help keep you motivated, I have 84lb to lose so I have a very long road to travel and some people find it easy, others don't, I'm one of the ones who don't.

You obviously have a very strong mindset to get/stay healthy and that is a wonderful thing, unfortunately I don't have this kind of strength and require a little more than just positive thinking x
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I keep it non food related, and something I like, but dont normally buy for myself so they really do feel like a reward, like a trip to Charming Charlies for a new purse, or to Bath and Body works for a great new lotion, or a or manicure, a that great pair of sandals that has finally gone on sale. Some times we get so caught up in taking care of everyone else, we forget about ourselves.
  • sun_shine_day_dreams
    sun_shine_day_dreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A massage was my first for hitting first goal weight. I am thinking pedicure for my second goal weight.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I don't, really. I see the weight loss and increased physical ability as their own rewards.