Nike Training Club app- Anyone?

Options
Hey MFP peeps!

I just recently started using the Nike Training Club app and I think I've fallen in love! Anybody else using this awesome FREE program? If so, how do you switch the program up and how have your results been?

I'm a runner and run close to 20 miles/week, but I'm looking to substitute this in for my strength training/lifting that I normally do 2x/week.

Advice/suggestions?

Replies

• kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Anybody???
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Curious as well. I just stumbled across it last week. Today was going to be my first trial of the app.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it! I haven't used if lately but it has lot of great little workouts.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just did the 15 minute shoulder shaper and I must say that was not at all easy. I have very weak shoulders so I planned on using the app just for that. After having now done 1 of the workouts I'm curious to see how the other ones are. I am trying to stay away from the leg exercises though because I am trying to get them conditioned to running.
  • kuwashima
    kuwashima Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the app and love it. That said, I used it a lot last year but haven't done it since January because my husband and I started P90X. I'm onto Insanity now but I love the Nike workouts when we're out of town.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just did the 15 minute shoulder shaper and I must say that was not at all easy. I have very weak shoulders so I planned on using the app just for that. After having now done 1 of the workouts I'm curious to see how the other ones are. I am trying to stay away from the leg exercises though because I am trying to get them conditioned to running.

Same here. New to the nike app and trying to start up running. Seems like a good combination. "Training total 196 min"
  • ThePageStaysBlank
    Options
    I've used the NTC app here and there for awhile now. It's really great if you're sick of your usual routine or are new and don't know where to start. I personally really like the "Get Focused" workouts, because they're only 15 minutes, so I can't say I didn't have the time. Plus, if I'm feeling a little down about a specific area, in fifteen minutes I can feel like I've done something to make it better.

They're challenging too. More than once I've woken up the next day more sore than I thought I would be.
  • sidewinder76
    sidewinder76 Posts: 287
    Options
    I gotta say I do use it. The Men's
    version isn't as good as the Women's...so I use that. It gives me a great workout when I need it!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I have it. I have tried, but the work is very intensive. I have weak arms...it's arm heavy.

That being said, I'm still going to try to get back into it again.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the 15 min Core crunch regularly. Should I do the exercise every other day or can i do it every day? I'm thinking about muscle recovery.
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    I just downloaded it and did my first workout today... the 30 min heartthrob! I'm in love already. I'll be doing it in addition to the gym, running, bike riding, etc.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually choose one of the get focused workouts and do them for strength training. I also like doing the 30 ,impute workouts a lot. Just pick based on what muscles you need to workout that day! That's what I do and it world for me!
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just signed up, bought my Dumbells, skipping rope and resistance band to do the workouts! Do you think a medicine ball and box are necessary too? I'm excited!
  • NodalMegan
    Options
    I am about to begin this afternoon. I hope i enjoy it because it seems like a great workout.