Almost at my goal thanks to 6 months on MFP

Options
highrise
highrise Posts: 147 Member
I'm not quite at my goal weight yet but I took a photo of myself this morning and was just so amazed at the reduction around my waist in the past 6 months, that I wanted to share my progress.

It's been a really hard slog, as someone who's been overweight almost my entire life (I was well over 200lbs and very unhappy at age 25 and managed to lose some of that before 35), but I have to say that sensible eating (with the odd cheat day) plus stepping up my exercise in training for a trekking holiday later in the year has not only improved my stamina beyond what I could ever wish for, but has helped me to shift enough weight to drop from a UK Size 16/18 to a UK Size 10/12. When I tell you that I have not been able to fit into clothes that size since I was pre-teenaged, you'll understand my joy :-)

No longer do I have to squeeze my thighs into jeans, or shove my bust into nice tops! I have lost most of my bingo wings and can actually see definition in my body.

Everyone on here is so inspirational, so supportive and I'm always so happy that my friends take the time to comment on my progress. Without MFP I would never have discovered 30 Day Shred, which helped me SO much in the beginning, and Pilates which I adore. MFP has made me take a long, hard look at my eating and drinking habits and completely change the way I look at what I shovel into my mouth at meal times and inbetween. Sure there have been days where I've had a slab of chocolate cake, or the best part of a bottle of wine, but these days are few and far between - unlike before where they were almost every day!

Thank you and see you at 140!

Replies

• pink_butterfly
    Options
    Way to go! And you look great! I have the same amount of weight to lose, and seeing ur pic, that's exactly what I'd lose to see. And have a waist again! What is this 30 Day Shed? And congrats again!
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job - you look fab! Thanks for sharing.
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Congrats! I would love to know what 30 day shred is...:flowerforyou:
  • highrise
    Options
    Hi guys and thank you for your kind words :-)

30 Day Shred is a circuit training DVD, hosted by Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser US fame. It was ideal for me since it has 3 levels, which means you can build up your stamina rather than having to bust a gut right out of the stalls, and because it's only 30 minutes long (I get bored with repetitive exercise quickly lol). Do a search for it on this site, or on Google.

I still do it occasionally but have recently discovered Pilates which is a lot lower impact and tones, which is all I need to shift those last few pounds.
  • marlenia
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel!!! It is a lot easier when there are so many people with the same goal in mind!!! GO MFP!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You are such an inspiration!!! Keep up the good work and I know you will get to that 140!! I know how hard it is to stay focused on any food plan. MFP does make it easier when you get in the laxed mode. Congrats!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • highrise
    Options
    Thanks Molly; you have been a real support over these past few months - thank you!
  • lizzy755
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I downloaded level 1 of the 30 day shred last night after seeing your post, but I was wondering how you logged it on MFP?
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look wonderful and I know you are going to see 140 soon. Thank you for sharing.
  • highrise
    Options
    Thank you :-) I log 30 Day Shred as 'Circuit Training'
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! You look fabulous!!! You inspire me. I too have been overweight my ENTIRE life and although I've lost 111 lbs, I am struggling with the last 25 lbs and the amount of fat around my middle (and inner thighs and triceps). But looking at your picture....WOW! Amazing.

I'll have to mix things up and maybe try some new things as well. I have the 30 day shred and windsor pilates on DVD but I'm such a gym rat. I may have to squeeze in some home workouts here and there.

Good luck on the rest of your journey! You have accomplished so much and look amazing!
  • highrise
    Options
    So I reached 140.8lbs this morning, after 6 months and 12 days :-) And while my goal was to lose 40lbs, to get to 140, I've decided that I've lost enough weight now since it was uncomfortable to lay down in the bath this morning thanks to my protruding vertebrae! My goal now is to maintain my weight and fitness, and take in a few more calories, and I'm planning on sticking around here to do so!

It feels weird to be the lowest weight of my adult life, in fact the lowest weight since I was pre-teen, but I feel confident and strong and fit for the first time in a while. 11 years ago, aged 25, I was 205lbs - now aged 36 I have lost the weight gradually enough that I think I can keep it off. It's been a real lifestyle change - kicking the booze, learning to love exercise (oh well okay, some of it!) and eating smaller portions.

I just want to say, again, thank you MFP for giving me the kick up the backside I needed and to all of my lovely friends and MFP companions for your continuing support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!