I ate 3,446 calories yesterday!!!

Options
That is 1,326 calories over my daily goal. And guess what.....I'm not starving myself today OR punishing myself with excessive exercise. In fact, I'm taking a much needed rest day today.

I'm NOT promoting binge eating, rather a healthy mindset about food. Yesterday was partly emotional eating, and partly because my body needed it. I train hard, so I'm physically recovering from that and from a few other physical things going on. So, I ate. Life happens.

I didn't gain back 74 pounds overnight. I didn't undo ALL of my progress. I did not board the guilt train that wanted to pull up to my curb and toot it's ugly little horn.

Keep it sane and simple people.

That is all. :drinker:

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude! We can't let one day get us down, but we can't let one day become two and then three....
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You forgot to add that you are also a Rock Star! :flowerforyou:

Great post. Great points. :drinker:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude! We can't let one day get us down, but we can't let one day become two and then three....

For sure! If that was everyday, then it would be a problem. Some people freak out over a hundred here or there. I threw it down yesterday!! Today, I'm eating at my goal of approx 2,200. No drastic cuts, just a normal day. :wink:
  • jfrankic
    Options
    You forgot to add that you are also a Rock Star! :flowerforyou:

Great post. Great points. :drinker:

Thank you kind Jules!

BTW, I'm a rock star. True story....this is me. No it's not.

Dance_zps08a36e02.gif
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see your not like me and panic straight away! I hope in time I will manage to calm down about my intake. I must remember it takes me weeks or months of overeating to gain the lbs back, not one day!
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great post. Its a good reminder that we didn't pack it on overnight so one day of going way over is going to be ok.
    I had one of those days recently and it was fine!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Dang you were grubbing! if I had 3500 calories to eat in one day I would:

Eat bacon eggs pancakes for breakfast
    A fajita burrito for lunch or a big mac with fries and ice tea
    Rib, chicken, macaroni and cheese, greens, corn bread for dinner

German chocolate cake for dessert!
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Its nice to see your not like me and panic straight away! I hope in time I will manage to calm down about my intake. I must remember it takes me weeks or months of overeating to gain the lbs back, not one day!

Gee, that's the whole point of this. I want to help people realize that. Obviously, this is not a desirable daily situation. I normally eat 2200-2400 calories, which is still under my maintenance TDEE. A 3k day here or there isn't going to hurt.

I, too, used to freak out about going "over" by 50 tiny calories. I cannot imagine a life of being bound by imaginary super stressful boundaries regarding "staying under" or "going over." That's also why I normally don't log individual foods and only use the quick add feature. Less stress. :wink:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM ** looking up from my lunch of 800 calories** ..... guilt ?? what's that ?

I work my butt off wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to hard to guilt myself about something as simple as food. Good work girl !

You have the PERFECT attitude because you work hard and deserve to eat. More fuel means better results at the gym !

EAT ALL FOOD AND LIFT ALL HEAVY THINGS !!!
  • LuisB3
    LuisB3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday I ate well over 3000 calories, too. Triple workout session day so I needed to refuel. But, I agree...even on days you go over cals and feel like you made a huge mistake, just focus on being better the next day. One day won't hurt...especially if you live by the 80/20 rule. Just gotta keep focused and stay consistent overall.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That is a great attitude!! Good for you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    While I fully agree that one bad day is not a cause for alarm or self loathing, I also think emotional eating is not a good example of a healthy relationship with food.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm right there with you- our bodies need an extra dose of nourishment, especially when we're working our butts off!
    Personally, I do one of these days once a week- I don't count the cals, but I know its WAY up there. And it doesn't affect my goals in any way. And actually, the day after is always my best workout day of the week because my body has so much fuel to keep going.
  • jfrankic
    Options
    I also think emotional eating is not a good example of a healthy relationship with food.

Very good point!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    :) perfect attitude. Same way I feel about being 5000 cal over in the last 2 weeks lol
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    As I always tell you - You are awesome! :love: I'm so glad I am following in your wake. You let us all know IT'S POSSIBLE! Rock on ! :drinker:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, so glad your on my FL :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great post! You're awesome as always.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Love the post! Thanks for the reminder!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT promoting binge eating, rather a healthy mindset about food. Yesterday was partly emotional eating,
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not a healthy mindset about food no matter what your trying to tell yourself