Tyler's Tator Tot Casserole

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Damn you....this sounds absolutely delicious!! Even though I rarely eat potatoes. And I'm trying to cut back on cheese. And I'm already thinking of ways to lighten it up a little bit...

if you replace the tater tots with cauliflower, and the cheese with cauliflower alfredo sauce, and the sausage with crumbled cauliflower...youve got a real winner there!

I say we kill Skully!!!!

i, for one, have had just about ENOUGH of this mob mentality here on MFP. arent we all on the same journey for the same reasons?!
    cmon, milo....let's go find a thread where we are accepted and supported for replacing all these DIRTY foods with CLEAN NATURAL SUPER FOODS!

esclo, you and your CLICK are nothing but a bunch of BULLIES!

JUX LET US LIVE OUR LYVES!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Damn you....this sounds absolutely delicious!! Even though I rarely eat potatoes. And I'm trying to cut back on cheese. And I'm already thinking of ways to lighten it up a little bit...

if you replace the tater tots with cauliflower, and the cheese with cauliflower alfredo sauce, and the sausage with crumbled cauliflower...youve got a real winner there!

I say we kill Skully!!!!

i, for one, have had just about ENOUGH of this mob mentality here on MFP. arent we all on the same journey for the same reasons?!
    cmon, milo....let's go find a thread where we are accepted and supported for replacing all these DIRTY foods with CLEAN NATURAL SUPER FOODS!

esclo, you and your CLICK are nothing but a bunch of BULLIES!

JUX LET US LIVE OUR LYVES!

snowflake.gif
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    This sounds so yummy! With the exception of the cream of mushroom soup :\ I do not like. But, some cheddar cheese soup might work nicely for me. :drinker:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can make this on Saturday. I'm gonna have to double the recipe in hopes that my kids will leave me some too. :wink:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lt8pbtmh631qfshlao1_400.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Very thankful I wasn't drinking while reading this.

Recipe sounds super tasty!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Tyler, what kind of wine goes with this? I already know the dessert, the Nilla Wafer pudding whipped cream dessert, right?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Tyler, what kind of wine goes with this? I already know the dessert, the Nilla Wafer pudding whipped cream dessert, right?

I'd think anything in a box would go well, and likely a red due to the spicy sausage...
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Printed and filed under awesome recipe section.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I'd think anything in a box would go well, and likely a red due to the spicy sausage...

Yay so everything is square. The casserole, the dessert, and the box o' wine. Winner!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

She was correct, your standard box wine will do.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9fvupTKkX1qm8ltc.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    1061640_10151526283782341_443766585_n.jpg?oh=d512f2d59009534224b87bbc8cfdd231&oe=51E8F709&__gda__=1374221236_365f60c64374d96b65b4fdb99ad52e39
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think it needs a carton or two of sour cream on top after it comes out of the oven. Maybe some chives, and definitely bacon.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    OMG i love/hate you.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    f7caa794c26741d196e929556f680dc4@2x.gif
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Can you make this fat free?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Can you make this fat free?

No.
    GTFO
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    2lbs spicy sausage
    2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1 Bag of Tator Tots
    2 Packages of Shredded Cheese

1.Brown Sausage
    2.Mix Cream of Mushroom Soup, bring to slight boil
    3.Spread sausage in baking pan
    4.Spread 1 package of cheese over sausage
    5.Spread uncooked tots over sausage/cheese
    6.Cook Whole thing for 18-20 minutes
    7.Spread 2nd bag of cheese over cooked tots/sausage
    8.Cook for another 5-7 minutes until cheese melted

6-8 servings
    800-900 calories per serving.

You're welcome.

Didn't even get past the subject line and I was literally drooling. Yours sounds better than mine and I LOVE this dish! So even though you already said you're welcome I'd like to say THANK YOU!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you place a sprig of parsley on top you make it healthy.:blushing: