High protein snacks....

Options
can someone give me some ideas!!!!

Replies

• lagray13
    lagray13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are greek yogurt and light string cheese. The light string cheese packs 50 calories and SEVEN grams of protein! Plus, it's soooo good!
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes

In a blender, mix this;

3 cups quick cooked oats (plain)
    1 500g carton of egg whites
    3 scoops protein powder (your choice of flavor)
    1/3 cup sweetener like splenda

Blend these ingredients together until it looks like pancake batter.
    Spray a non-stick frying pan with Pam

Make pancakes! The trick with these is they are fast to cook... If you over-cook them they will be dry and hard like cardboard... 20 seconds each side and you're golden... These a good carbs, good protein, and they tasted awesome!
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is always a good idea, I like to do rice cakes with peanut butter, protein bars, kashi go lean cereal, peanut butter and celery/peanut butter and apples, tuna or salmon or chicken (without skin). I'm trying out black bean brownies right now-I honestly didn't follow a recipe and just put stuff in that would work, but I'll let you know how they turn out (if they're tasty, they're really low cal and high protein-77 cals per brownie and I haven't calculated the protein yet) if you want the recipe. Also whey protein powder works well
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1% Cottage cheese
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,699 Member
    Options
    Crab sticks are 16 calories a piece. Beef jerky.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My typical snacks:

Apple and string cheese
    Banana and peanut butter
    Apple and 100 calorie walnut / almond pack (from Aldi's)
    1% cottage cheese or non-fat plain greek yogurt with fruit (usually a berry of some type)

I take a couple of these in my lunch bag at work each day so I don't find myself at the vending machine buying crap!
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Okay thanks for the ideas!!!!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    You could also find a recipe on here or on any health-related food site, and make your own protein bars. But the foods mentioned from the others will work also.
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I go for hard-boiled eggs also. Either by themselves or sliced on a salad. Good protein boost.
  • rachy867
    rachy867 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs
    Bacon and egg cupcakes (line cupcake pan holes with bacon/ham, mix eggs with favourite veggies, pour in holes, bake for 30 mins)
    Peanut butter chicken skewers (chicken on skewers, smother in peanut butter, bake for 30 mins)
    Chicken drumstick
    Mozzarella ball (yes, just open the packet and eat the ball)
    Pigs in blankets - wrap ham or bacon or prosciutto around a lean sausage (I use turkey) and bake for 30 minutes)
    Cottage cheese with berries, cinnamon and sliced almonds
    Almond fingers - 2 fingers in an almond butter jar (save this one for desperate times and midnight munchies in the dark. Remember if you can't see yourself doing it or can't rule it out as a dream, it doesn't count)
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Please tell me you don't actually eat that for a snack.....
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I like peanut butter or tuna on a celery stick for a snack.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bar
    Protein shake or smoothie
    Dry-roasted edamame (1 ounces = 130 calories & 14 grams protein!)
    String cheese
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are greek yogurt and light string cheese. The light string cheese packs 50 calories and SEVEN grams of protein! Plus, it's soooo good!

I second both of these. Greek Yogurt has the high protein ratio to carbs/fats. Light string cheese has high protein, no carbs, some fats. Only bad thing about the string cheese is the sodium. But it's not "THAT" bad. Definitely a quick snack to boost your protein intake. I can't think of anything else aside from protein bars or beef jerky that is ready to eat without having to cook or prepare.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky how much more protein can you ask for and beefy too.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    I find the greek yogurts to have a lot of sugar in them as well....even the organic ones!!!!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I find the greek yogurts to have a lot of sugar in them as well....even the organic ones!!!!

The flavoured ones will. Buy straight up full fat Greek yogurt, no flavouring.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,699 Member
    Options

Please tell me you don't actually eat that for a snack.....

I do understand that crab sticks are pretty processed. I make the beef jerky myself. Please tell me what is objectionable about my snacks? On days I am ravenous beef jerky is the only thing that curbs my need to eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, low fat cheese, protein bars... I'm getting kinda sick of all of those though rofl.