High protein snacks....

Options
2»

Replies

• chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Crab sticks are 16 calories a piece. Beef jerky.

Please tell me you don't actually eat that for a snack.....

I do understand that crab sticks are pretty processed. I make the beef jerky myself. Please tell me what is objectionable about my snacks? On days I am ravenous beef jerky is the only thing that curbs my need to eat.

Yes homemade beef jerky is much better then the store bought, for me a 1 oz piece of jerky is just more then 100 calories. Since it is dried you have to chew it so much to break it down which slows eating allowing for your stomach to send the full signal. To make beef jerky low fat cuts are used because the fat is what goes rancid, I use the leanest cut of rump roast that I can find and trim off as much of the fat as possible.

Since it is summer I go camping a lot and what better when out in the woods then a piece of beef, it is light weight and does not go bad quickly or need refrigeration and being able to make jerky is a great survival skill.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes

In a blender, mix this;

3 cups quick cooked oats (plain)
    1 500g carton of egg whites
    3 scoops protein powder (your choice of flavor)
    1/3 cup sweetener like splenda

Blend these ingredients together until it looks like pancake batter.
    Spray a non-stick frying pan with Pam

Make pancakes! The trick with these is they are fast to cook... If you over-cook them they will be dry and hard like cardboard... 20 seconds each side and you're golden... These a good carbs, good protein, and they tasted awesome!

Thank you!! I've been telling my husband all week that I'm going try to figure out how to make something with my oatmeal and egg whites this weekend. Trying this!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, egg whites, Greek yogurt, protein Kind bars, high protein Slimfast shakes - these are what I typically have for snacks.
  • DaveFassett
    DaveFassett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bacon... Goes with everything.
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    Post strength training: 6oz non-fat plain greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries. (18g of protein)

Post cardio: nothing unless I work out at moderate-high intensity for at least an hour. If I do, then a banana with peanut butter or 6oz fruit flavored greek yogurt (14g protein, 20g sugar) will suffice.
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes

In a blender, mix this;

3 cups quick cooked oats (plain)
    1 500g carton of egg whites
    3 scoops protein powder (your choice of flavor)
    1/3 cup sweetener like splenda

Blend these ingredients together until it looks like pancake batter.
    Spray a non-stick frying pan with Pam

Make pancakes! The trick with these is they are fast to cook... If you over-cook them they will be dry and hard like cardboard... 20 seconds each side and you're golden... These a good carbs, good protein, and they tasted awesome!

Thank you!! I've been telling my husband all week that I'm going try to figure out how to make something with my oatmeal and egg whites this weekend. Trying this!

You're welcome! They take a couple times to perfect, (well they did for me) but now that I have them down to a science it's the best thing for day to day snacking... Make sure the pan is nice and hot :)
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump