Willing Participants Wanted

Options
Hi Everybody!

I wrote a long post last night about how I am trouble losing any weight, actually in the last 3 weeks I have not lost even 1 lb even though I am tracking my food and exercising every day. I am at 1200 cals a day as per the recommended intake that MFP has given me.

In my post, I had asked what I may be doing wrong, but now I think the best thing for me to do is start fresh and look at everything a bit differently. I am going to admit that I really don't know what I'm doing, and what I have been doing isn't working. I don't know what to eat, I don't know what exercises to do. I am hoping that people with some insight and knowledge will friend me and let me study their food tracker so that I can get some ideas and hopefully start having some success.

Please let me know if you'd like to be my weight loss buddy/coach of sorts and I would be forever grateful.

Thank you very much!

Replies

• hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you want, I'd be more than happy to be your buddy on here and help motivate you if you're willing to do the same for me. The bigger you buddy system the more you lose. As far as eating, I'm really keeping an eye on my carbs. I went from eating anywhere to 100-300 carbs a day not knowing that I was doing this backwards. I was more worried about keeping my calories down instead of the carbs. Like today I only had 8 carbs which is good for me. As far as the exercising I'm limited to the walking, swimming, biking due to going through physical therapy for bad tendonitis. However once I'm done the therapist said that I'd be able to run again and continue doing the Wii Fit. Good Luck with the weight loss :)
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me I can help. Ive helped many people obtain their fitness goal. I can help you mess with your calories and macros if you would like. This is kind of my hobby.. yeah I know that sounds weird.
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I love people who motivate and I looooove to motivate back :). I'm a reasonable eater w/a cheat MEAL usually once a week. You may want to redo your numbers to figure out what your body needs and, as soysauce^ mentioned, definitely pay attention to those macros! They make a HUGE difference in your success. I believe in strength training for everyone, not just men, and would hate to ever give it up. My body isn't perfect by any means, but I believe in really celebrating all your NSV's. I am trying so very hard to not pay attention to the scale and just go by my measurements. Anyway, if you want a friend who attempts to eat as clean as possible, but isn't all crazy gung-ho about it... feel free to add me! :bigsmile: my diary is open to my friends.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was more worried about keeping my calories down instead of the carbs

Calories are the only worry you need. Barring any medical condition, there's no reason you need to restrict carbs, it won't affect weight loss.
  • bourscheidmom
    Options
    What do you mean by macros?
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by macros?

Macros = Macro nutrients. Fats/ Carbs/ and /Protein Micros= Micro nutrients is your vitamins and minerals
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    IN

And willing
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    prob not eating enough, whats ur height, weight ?
  • Yarrowdays
    Yarrowdays Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there :D Now first thing's first, I don't count my calories, so I don't put my meals up here. But, I would be more than happy to give you support! I've already lost about eight pounds since I began exercising a month or so ago, and two pounds since I joined MyFitnessPal :) I think it mainly has to do with both the change in my diet, and my increase in exercise.
    I eat a starch based diet; potatoes, beans, legumes, corn, whole grains, rice and so on...with the addition of fruit and veggies. Now, I do eat bread and soy occasionally, so my diet isn't exactly strict, but it's helped me a lot to keep my weight dropping.
    Just adding more filling foods like starches, and cutting out oil and processed foods as much as possible has helped me a ton! And as for exercise, I just walk, jog, or bike for about two hours every other day. Plus I'm very active during the day; cleaning, cooking, gardening, and working on the house.
    Staying active has been veeeery helpful for me. The more active I am, the faster I lose :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hi, how are you?
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    I was good. Then my soulmate dumped me.

Now I is sad.
  • l0vedim0
    l0vedim0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can check out my food diary and friend me if you like :)
  • losingit1978
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) some suggestions: make sure your serving sizes are Accurate. (Food scales are awesome) and don't put anything into your mouth without putting it on mfp first. You can do this.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Now I is sad.

:(
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

Now I is sad.

:(