I'm excited: I see a little visual progress :) (PICS)

Options
mizyvee
mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
I have had MFP for a while on my iPhone. I casually used it to log food in my phone when I was on my latest weight loss kick but never lasted too long and I NEVER got into the website. Now that I utilize the site via phone and web, I LOVE IT.

I have always had the notion that the "Gym Sucks" even though I have had a membership with my Hubby for years and years. Well finally I said to myself put up or shut up about the thickness. I then deceided to stop being lazy and do what needs to be done. That means putting in some work on the body as well as feeding it better.

I finally started working hard at the begining of August. Started going to the gym 3 to 4 days a week and tracking my eating ( I do still cheat a little but not too bad). I play on an adult kickball league on Wednesday evenings. I also am starting another bowling league this September. I volunteered myself for a 5k run in October that I am trying to prepare for (I didn't mention that I hate to run too huh, lol). I am picking up an active lifestyle with some things that I like to do and others that I just have to suck up in the name of fitness.

This Tuesday is my 11year Anniversay so this weekend will be a free weekend for me and the hubby, in moderation of course but I will be back on the grind starting Wednesday and the pics below have me motivated enough to follow through. Wish me luck :)

Here are a few pics to show a small progess of sucking it up and doing what needs to be done (and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I just like to whine a little every now and again.) I love the fact that I am getting toned and that is showing much more progress visually than the scale is showing me whooooo hoooooo. I am excited.

PS: I hope I figured out how to load the pics right, lol.

August 12 : My Birthday
081210b.jpg

August 26 : On the way to the Gym
082610.jpg

September 4 : Exact same clothes as the previous pic, they fit better :happy:
090410.jpg

Replies

• nicolet04
    Options
    great job!!! u look great, keep it up!!!:drinker:
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It is showing! Congratulations. Keep it up! You are doing great,
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! great job u look awsome!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Wow I can totally see a difference in that short time that is wonderful keep up the great work!!!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work you're doing great!!
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    GET IT GIRL! You look great! Keep up the good work! I guess I need to go take a picture right now, but I feel like I have enough bad pics floating around to compare to. LOL! Anyhow, keep it up!
  • bigearl911
    Options
    Congratulations, I am proud of you! Keep up the good work! Excellent motivation!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Wow! You can totally see the difference. Great job.
  • xlizzislegend
    Options
    you look FABULOUS! results in a short time are so encouraging!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wow is right! You do look great and you can definitely see the difference! TOTALLY inspiring and motivating :)
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I wouldn't think 9 lbs would make that much of an impact, you must have lost some inches. You look great!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a big difference in your thighs! Keep up whatever you're doing because it is working! Excellent job!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Gosh that is great progress - Wish I had the guts to have taken "before" photos. GREAT JOB
  • dawnsant
    Options
    OMG! You just now started seeing results? Are you sure you have only lost 9 pounds??? Looks like more than that! Heck, I have lost 13 and can't tell that much of a difference! Congrats and keep up the awesome work!!!!
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    Looking good! :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    great job!! keep it up!
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OMG! You just now started seeing results? Are you sure you have only lost 9 pounds??? Looks like more than that! Heck, I have lost 13 and can't tell that much of a difference! Congrats and keep up the awesome work!!!!

I forgot to weigh myself in the beginning of August, I had to go by what was already logged in from when I wasn't serious yet. And then guess. I adjusted numbers, so I really don't have a true count of what I have lost. But my jeans are giving me saggy butt syndrome and as bad as it sound, I am loving that. For now I am not putting too much stock in the number lost as in the way I am looking.
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Well done you look amazing
  • lauracheca
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

I forgot to weigh myself in the beginning of August, I had to go by what was already logged in from when I wasn't serious yet. And then guess. I adjusted numbers, so I really don't have a true count of what I have lost. But my jeans are giving me saggy butt syndrome and as bad as it sound, I am loving that. For now I am not putting too much stock in the number lost as in the way I am looking.

Yeah, the scale can lie especially if you are working out. Muscle weighs more then fat! You are doing GREAT! There is a real difference. I just started this week and stories like yours give me the encouragement to keep at it!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!