I was just called the DUFF-designated ugly fat friend!:(

Options

Replies

• marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you felt hurt. I would bet that the guy who casually tossed out the DUFF comment is no oil painting himself. I know it is easy to say "Don't let it bother you" - it was a hurtful comment.

Concentrate on yourself and if you feel that you have weight to lose so that you will feel better about yourself, go for it. Shame your friend did not defend you. If she was made to feel better about herself by that comment, maybe you should, er, revise how you think about your friendship and perhaps edit how much you confide in her.

Good luck! xx
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    They were mean and that's on them.

They harshly confronted you with reality and that's you're probably overweight. That is on you. Do with it what you want? The only way to win here is to stop being overweight by ... eating less and what not.

Edint because I think I'm coming off harsh here, but I've been bullied before (other reasons) and most of us have and that's what it sounds like what happened. The only thing you can do is be a better (looking) you.

That's crap. If she wants to be a better looking her, that's fine- but no matter what you look like, someone is going to disapprove of how you look and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't "win" this situation, and you shouldn't have to- the approval of random a55holes is never worth seeking.

Congrats. You're not just harsh, you're part of the problem.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

They harshly confronted you with reality and that's you're probably overweight. That is on you. Do with it what you want? The only way to win here is to stop being overweight by ... eating less and what not.

Edint because I think I'm coming off harsh here, but I've been bullied before (other reasons) and most of us have and that's what it sounds like what happened. The only thing you can do is be a better (looking) you.

That's crap. If she wants to be a better looking her, that's fine- but no matter what you look like, someone is going to disapprove of how you look and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't "win" this situation, and you shouldn't have to- the approval of random a55holes is never worth seeking.

Let's also not forget that they didn't "harshly confront" her about reality. They were talking about her behind her back.
  • time2change14
    Options

Let's also not forget that they didn't "harshly confront" her about reality. They were talking about her behind her back.

Yeah I agree. I mean it's no secret that I'm overweight. I'm harshly confronted with that fact every time I look in the mirror. I'm trying hard everyday to lose weight and I have lost 7 pounds so far but comments like DUFF really hit hard.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If its been mentioned before and she didnt stick up for you this time, does she actually deserve to be your 'best friend'.

I think you are better re-evaluating your friendship, if she is willing to let you get insulted just so she can have her vagina filled by that arrogant prick.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i think the problem here is not so much the guy as it is your "friend".

I think she is the one that called you a DUFF in the first place, not K. and if im wrong, in any case, she didn't stand up for you so she is of that opinion too. surround yourself with more supportive friends, not ones that make you feel inferior!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Train for 3 years. Acquire dem super squat glutes. Flaunt them in ks face. Don't let k have them. Job done
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like proving someone wrong to motivate you! Just remember: one day you'll be skinny, but he'll still be an a-hole! ;)

Lisa x
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    Train for 3 years. Acquire dem super squat glutes. Flaunt them in ks face. Don't let k have them. Job done

Seconded!

in fact make him believe he has a slight chance , lead him on for weeks then get with his better looking friend! turn to him and say but your the duff :-)
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You need new friends. Ones that don't use phases like DUFF.
  • pattypraises
    pattypraises Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of miserable people in this world. Satan rules this worldly kingdom and he thrives on people being ugly to each other. I am so sorry these remarks came to your attention. They are not who you are. The remarks show callousness, immaturity and shallowness. You will notice, through your life, the type of personality who tends to ridicule and bully others are those who are in great need of attention. Don't fret about what people say. Concentrate on being the best you. God created you for a specific purpose. Find it and pursue it. God will use this experience to teach you compassion, mercy and grace, so in reality, the hard words meant to hurt you can be the catalyst to make you a more caring person. "What satan meant for evil, God means for good."
  • _skinnydreaming
    Options
    I would be offended is someone called me a DUFF because it's unnecessarily rude.

but I wouldn't let it get to me too much, because there's always going to be someone more attractive and slimmer than I am.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    There's one in every crowd. Some idiot that uses words like duff and probably milf on a regular basis probably has a very low IQ and I encourage not to to take his opinion of you in account. I know it's hard and
    It hurt your feelings but just try to consider the source. The best way to say screw off to your haters is by living well and for you. I love the phrase "success is the best revenge". Get your feelings hurt, have a good cry and move on. Also if your best friend was a decent human she should have spared your feelings on that one and not told you. That was not very nice.
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    DUFF??? Who says that??? The guy is obviously very immature(he has his own problems)...you shouldn't give 2 sh!ts about what him or anyone else says. The only thing that you should care about is what YOU think and any constructive criticism/advice from a trusted source that will help you for the better(Edit: and will help you succeed) .

Also, shame on your "friend."
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Oh and if you ever see him, I'd address it in a sly way. Like oh yeah hey aren't you glad the duff is here? Just own what he said and make him look like a big idiot. He will probably turn 3 shades of red.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Agreed on this friend. If someone said that about my bestie I would never tell her knowing it would make her sad and I would
    Also lose that guys number.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I learned a new word today.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i think the problem here is not so much the guy as it is your "friend".

I think she is the one that called you a DUFF in the first place, not K. and if im wrong, in any case, she didn't stand up for you so she is of that opinion too. surround yourself with more supportive friends, not ones that make you feel inferior!

^^THIS^^.. Frankly, I think your friend considered his insult in regards to you a compliment to her. Lots of my "friends" in the past were much smaller than I was, and the few that used me to make themselves look better are no longer the type of people I surround myself with. I remember walking down the street, on different occasions, and my best friend and I would get honked at, waved at, etc. I was always bigger than her, and she used to say, "they're honking at US!" It made me feel so good to get included. Nowadays though, I would have grabbed that phone and had a few choice comments for K. Then, I likely would have flushed her phone down the toilet and left her home, never to return.

You're beautiful NOW. You don't have to change for ANYONE ever. If you want to change for you, or look better and use this as motivation to get there, too cool. But don't change for them, or waste your time trying to please someone EXCEPT YOURSELF!
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was the "DUFF" when I was in junior high... And my friends allowed it to happen... then I lost a lot of weight by growing up, healthy eating and a lot of exercise (fun exercise!) I became popular and my friends got "angry" because I had "changed".

Keep the positive thoughts, you're making life changes, and you're going to be healthier and that'll bring you another glow, and more hotness, and security and confidence.. You just need time.

Just ignore him and I'd consider your friend not such a good friend. I'd get angry if a boy called my best friend that word... That is just mean!

xx
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Everyone's a DUFF at some point - get over it or get uglier friends :laugh: