New to MFP and looking for friends

Options
gj1802
gj1802 Posts: 18 Member
Hi Everybody, Thought I'd introduce myself.
I’m 38 years old and married with a 3 year old daughter. With the big Four-0 rapidly approaching it about time I made some serious health and fitness changes to my lifestyle. I feel like if I don't do it now I never will.

My job takes me to Saudi Arabia 3-4 weeks at a time and working out in the field there is not always great choice food wise. Chicken & Rice is the norm almost every day! My job can also involve a lot of standby time so I find myself snacking throughout the day on junk food to relieve the boredom.

Last time home my weight was ups to 216lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. Too much beer and take away food and lack of exercise on my days off had finally taken its toll. I’ve tried dieting before and usually fail after a couple of weeks after the initial motivation had worn off.

So what will be different this time you ask??? Well, like many on here have said, it’s not a diet it’s a lifestyle change. After reading some of the amazing success stories on here and seeing the encouragement from the other members of the community I know I can do it this time. So far I have lost 7lb since 2nd July. Aiming to get down to around 180lbs and take things from there.

So that’s my story – Hoping to add a few friends so we can keep each other motivated so please feel free to add me as a friend.:happy:

Replies

• cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know what you talking about. I'll be 40 next year and am hoping to feel and look fantastic before then. I'll send you a friend request. We can use all the friends and motivation to get thru this journey.
  • gj1802
    Options
    Looking at your recent activity you sure have the right attitude. Keep up the good work - you will do it!!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I was in almost exactly the same place as you. I reached about 220 lbs and I decided I needed to lose some of the weight before it became too hard. I have since lost 16 lbs and keeping it off. It can be done, but it does take work and time but with motivation it helps.
  • gj1802
    Options
    I was in almost exactly the same place as you. I reached about 220 lbs and I decided I needed to lose some of the weight before it became too hard. I have since lost 16 lbs and keeping it off. It can be done, but it does take work and time but with motivation it helps.

Good work with the loss. Hopefully this time with some hard work and motivation from friends I'll finally manage.
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your story sound not much unlike my own. I started at 224lbs and have lost 44 so far with a bit left to go, almost all of it through using this site. You completely right, its not a diet, its a lifestyle change. I just wish id made the change years ago, i've never felt so good as I do now.

Will send you a friend request and we can help eachother achieve our goals.
  • gj1802
    Options
    Your story sound not much unlike my own. I started at 224lbs and have lost 44 so far with a bit left to go, almost all of it through using this site. You completely right, its not a diet, its a lifestyle change. I just wish id made the change years ago, i've never felt so good as I do now.

Will send you a friend request and we can help eachother achieve our goals.

Request accepted. That's a great loss so far. I've never been so motivated until I joined MFP.
    Now I just have to prove to myself and my new friends that I can do it!

Keep up the good work