Looking for new friends, especially...

Options
Bry_Fitness70
Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
those that are not necessarily looking to lose a bunch of weight, but rather are trying to maintain and improve their current level of good fitness. I came here intending to only "break even", but after logging my diet for a few weeks and reducing my sugar intake, I ended up losing 5-6 lbs! I want to keep improving, continuing to learn better eating and exercise habits, and need like minded friends to trade ideas with!

Replies

• rwooten666
    rwooten666 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I strive to eat whole foods (though I definitely don't pressure others that way, stuff "facts" down their throat, etc.), but struggle when I'm traveling. I'm ex-military and happy to share what little knowledge that I can provide. I want to see others maintaining what they've worked for :smile: I'm needing to gain weight (five months pregnant and still not gaining enough) so I don't know if that would fit into what you're looking for. After this little one is born I'll be back to losing weight. Feel free to send me a request.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    I strive to eat whole foods (though I definitely don't pressure others that way, stuff "facts" down their throat, etc.), but struggle when I'm traveling. I'm ex-military and happy to share what little knowledge that I can provide. I want to see others maintaining what they've worked for :smile: I'm needing to gain weight (five months pregnant and still not gaining enough) so I don't know if that would fit into what you're looking for. After this little one is born I'll be back to losing weight. Feel free to send me a request.

Happy to add you! I'm ex-military as well.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm only maintaining, even though I just had a baby I'm not looking to lose I'm in a good place. I'm working on getting stronger and getting my flexibility back as my pregnancy had me in bed for 10 months! Only problem with me is I don't log my food, I just quick add calories, most people seem to hate that!!!
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    After losing a decent amount, I'm now maintaining. I'm on every day and log consistently. Also new to the 40 yr old club! Add me if you'd like.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I eat. I lift weights. I'm on everyday, but I swear and am sarcastic sometimes, so beware. :glasses:
  • ssmithbowman
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I am really looking to get more fit. I do have about 5-10 lbs of extra fat to lose, but I am mainly trying to tone up and get fit. I keep meaning to add pictures, but it might take me a bit!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    those that are not necessarily looking to lose a bunch of weight, but rather are trying to maintain and improve their current level of good fitness. I came here intending to only "break even", but after logging my diet for a few weeks and reducing my sugar intake, I ended up losing 5-6 lbs! I want to keep improving, continuing to learn better eating and exercise habits, and need like minded friends to trade ideas with!

Wow, you're a genius! That is THE single most impressive phrasing of "no fatties" I have read in all my time on MFP. Hat's off!
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oops wrong place I'm a fattie, maybe next year :sad:
  • TillyGuernsey
    Options
    Just thought I'd say 'hi'.
    I'm on the weightloss and then maintain track so not what you are looking for for support but your user name caught my eye as I grew up in a town called Conway/ Conwy (the name officially reverted to the welsh spelling during my childhood)
    And it's the middle of the night here andi'm up with a poorly baby.
  • Laurafayad
    Options
    A woman after my own heart. I joined only three days ago and have lost three pounds! Yay!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Wow, you're a genius! That is THE single most impressive phrasing of "no fatties" I have read in all my time on MFP. Hat's off!
    oops wrong place I'm a fattie, maybe next year :sad:

Wait a second, I welcome all new friends, regardless of current physical condition - I have a lot of respect for everyone here, as we are all working hard and sacrificing to improve ourselves! I just created this thread because I also wanted to target “maintenance” people, as our needs and goals are often different than people who are primarily attempting to lose a lot of weight. I’m not sure how that can be interpreted as saying “no fatties”, but there is no conspiracy here!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Just thought I'd say 'hi'.
    I'm on the weightloss and then maintain track so not what you are looking for for support but your user name caught my eye as I grew up in a town called Conway/ Conwy (the name officially reverted to the welsh spelling during my childhood)
    And it's the middle of the night here andi'm up with a poorly baby.

That sounds like an amazing town, lol! I've traced my family (original name was Conaway) back to Country Donegal in Ireland, but I have read that the Irish Conaways have Welsh origins.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am only looking to lose about 20 pounds and then staying healthy from there and maintaining my weight. We need all the support we can get right?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

Wow, what a spectacular city! Much nicer than Conway, South Carolina, or Conway, Arkansas, lol! I'll have to add that to my list of places I want to travel.
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Lost ~35 lbs, now I eat and lift.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Eat well, run and lift. Retired AF and looking to increase my fitness level and just get rid of any unnecessary fat. Add me if you like.
  • adrylong
    adrylong Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi there. I'll add you. I'm trying to tone up, rather than lose an excessive amount of weight.