need advice

Options
Ok, so I am walking twice a day, once in the am for 30 minutes and then in the evenings for an hour. I am eating within my calorie range but I feel so bloated and heavier than when I first started. I haven't lost any weight for like 3 weeks and it is very discouraging, I know I am obviously doing something wrong so any tips or advice is very appreciated. Thanks guys!

Replies

• mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    *open your diary
    *weight loss and healthier body is not just about the scale- you need to be measuring yourself and taking photos.
  • lisacooperdockery
    Options
    I opened the food dairy and I agree that it isn't all about the scale but I just feel more tired and bloated and that is even on days that I think that I have eaten pretty well. Thanks.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of "home made" stuff which is just a generic recipe. Those are useful in a pinch, like if you go to someone's party and eat mystery food, but if you're making it yourself you should create your own recipes or log the ingredients individually. Other than that, your diary looks good. The calorie counts for generic recipes can vary so much.
  • lisacooperdockery
    Options
    thanks justsomerando, I agree and I will work on that, the past two days were due to a cook out here at work and I had no clue what was in what so I tried to pick the "homemade ones with the most calories" which I also do when I eat something at someone's house.
    I am also trying to get better at logging everything, but it is harder when I get home and get so sidetracked.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to look and answer! :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am walking twice a day, once in the am for 30 minutes and then in the evenings for an hour. I am eating within my calorie range but I feel so bloated and heavier than when I first started. I haven't lost any weight for like 3 weeks and it is very discouraging, I know I am obviously doing something wrong so any tips or advice is very appreciated. Thanks guys!

How long have you been exercising for?

How often do you weigh in?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot of days logged but from what I saw, you could eat a lot more fresh cooked veggies with a bit of olive oil and your favorite spices.
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Kale
    Brussel sprouts, etc.
    You can also roast them. Also more proteins like chicken, fish, eggs, etc.
    Try some nuts or nut butters.
    Maybe add more beans but the baked beans in the can have a lot if sugar so try other kinds.
    Fresh salads with lots of veggies and some protein is filling and yummy.
    How about adding more fresh fruits like berries, watermelon, apples, etc.
    Try to weigh your food and stay within your calorie allotment and drink lots of water.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Your sodium intake looks pretty high. There's a lot of sodium in highly processed foods and take out like Wendy's and McDonalds. I also see numerous days where you didn't log anything and a few where you went way over. Try to log consistently or you will get inconsistent results.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Try cutting back your sodium to about 1/3 of your daily allowance. Drink lots of water! I thought I was drinking a lot of water until I actually measured it, so maybe get a big 32 oz cup, fill it with water (no ice) drain it, then fill it again. Try to finish it before dinner time. After you drink that, you can just drink water when you are thirsty.

I did what I described above, and lost about 8 pounds in the past week and a half. Obviously, mostly water weight.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am going to send you a message. Please read and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like as well.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How are you eating within your calorie range when you are over your calories for two of the last three days? And before that nothing logged. The first step is to be honest with yourself.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Be accountable for what you eat and how much you exercise. Make sure to measure /weigh food so that you aren't underestimating the amount you are eating. Cut all processed food that you can.( reduces sodium levels) I noticed you seem to like turkey slices. Perhaps substitute with turkey you have cooked at home. Healthier, less processed and less sodium. I oven bake a club pack of chicken with whatever spices I want then divide them and slice, chunk, etc... put and bags and freeze. when I need one for lunch , thaw and its ready to serve. Drink lots of water. Also, perhaps try lifting some weights.
  • lisacooperdockery
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I agree with all that has been said, and I do know that I have some things to get better at.
    I appreciate all of the advice and will use it, I do need to weigh my portions, that is something I have not been doing, just eyeballing it. I am being honest with myself though or else it wouldn't be logged down.
    I will try and be better about logging in and recording my food, that is hard for me, but I will work on it.
    I live on a very tight budget and so sometimes the food selections have to be based on what will get me through the week for lunch and dinner.
    Thanks again everyone for all of the advice and tips! Very appreciated!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I agree with all that has been said, and I do know that I have some things to get better at.
    I appreciate all of the advice and will use it, I do need to weigh my portions, that is something I have not been doing, just eyeballing it. I am being honest with myself though or else it wouldn't be logged down.
    I will try and be better about logging in and recording my food, that is hard for me, but I will work on it.
    I live on a very tight budget and so sometimes the food selections have to be based on what will get me through the week for lunch and dinner.

I just wanted to say, good on you for being open to the advice you are receiving. Food/weight is very personal and can be a touchy subject, so kudos to you for not getting defensive and actually considering the advice you got! <3
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

It can be a bit embarrassing, but produce sections at the grocery market usually have a crate in the back where they put fruits and veggies that have blemishes that make them "un-sellable". Many times, they are 95% fine, but have a split or something that can easily be cut off. The grocer will often sell these items at reduced or no cost. Many, many times, they will just give them to you for free, because otherwise they'll just throw them away.

The fruit are great for chopping up for fruit salads; or chopping up the veggies and tossing with oil and vinegar for a garden-fresh giardiniera to put on top of some lettuce.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

It can be a bit embarrassing, but produce sections at the grocery market usually have a crate in the back where they put fruits and veggies that have blemishes that make them "un-sellable". Many times, they are 95% fine, but have a split or something that can easily be cut off. The grocer will often sell these items at reduced or no cost. Many, many times, they will just give them to you for free, because otherwise they'll just throw them away.

The fruit are great for chopping up for fruit salads; or chopping up the veggies and tossing with oil and vinegar for a garden-fresh giardiniera to put on top of some lettuce.

This is great information! Thanks for sharing. :) I don't think it is embarrassing at all, I think it is resourceful!
  • lisacooperdockery
    Options

This is great information! Thanks for sharing. :) I don't think it is embarrassing at all, I think it is resourceful!

I agree...I am never embarrassed to find a bargain and I love when they have fruits and veggies in the reduced section that I like..always feel happy cause I got a deal. haha. Thanks again everyone!