High Protein/Low carb and Poop

Options

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I eat high-fat moderate-protein low-carb and love not having to poop. Everything I eat, my body can metabolize much more efficiently with less waste than if I ate oatmeal and toast and orange juice. Also, every time I *do* have to poop, it comes out very smoothly and quickly. Maybe that's just the squats helping. :)

:laugh: bahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You really need to increase your Fiber. eating green vegetables is key. But a good supplement that you can get on Amazon or Costco is Konsyl Easy Mix Formula Psyllium Fiber.

Put a teaspoon in a glass of water in the morning and another with dinner and it wil hellp you quite a bit. This was recommended to me by a Colon Dr who says it is quite safe and I should do it Daily!

I've had surgery for Diverticultits so I'm very careful now with what I use.

All the best!

ARleigh
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, flax seeds, lots of water or hot tea. You seem to be getting enough fibre with your legumes. :smile: Stooping might help? Good luck!
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats; avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil
  • sastexan4u
    sastexan4u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Water,Water and walking try stool softer and Miralax everyday!!
  • brittanybarness
    Options
    This. Especially the oils! Helps it "slide" out!! :laugh:
    [/quote]

lol at slide it out. im crackin up :laugh:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats; avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil

THIS^^^^

You must increase your fat levels when you go low carb. Nuts are great to add as well. You get the healthy fats with the added fiber.

If you simply go low carb AND low fat, you will find yourself backed up pretty quickly!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husk in your shake. Sorted.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    your diary is kind of sporadic but based on what I see you aren't getting enough fat, specifically healthy oils. toss some olive oil in a salad for a couple of days and see what happens.
  • Shellster831
    Shellster831 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you make protein shakes at all add psyllium husk, it's the consistency of flax seed almost, but it's fiber.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    more fiber :)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If nothing else works, I get some of the Benefiber chewable orange psyllium fiber tablets. They're natural, they don't taste that bad. My pediatrician even recommended them for my son who has the same issue sometimes. :flowerforyou:
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I try to not eat as many carbs and try to eat more protein. I drink an insane amount of water per day and i work out consistently. I have had a problem and felt back up for weeks. i am doing some laxatives for the 1st time in the past few days and i'm still feeling backed up. i also eat lots of fiber too so i really don't get it.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Try prune juice. Nature's laxative!

She stole my suggestion!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Can't poop? Eat more high fiber carbs, add more oils, and drink plenty of water.

^^^ this

fibre on its own actually bungs you up even more. You need the fibre and the water, because the fibre bulks up your poo by absorbing water. If you're having just the fibre but you're dehydrated, then it really won't help. Also, constipation is one of the earlier symptoms of dehydration. Sometimes all that's needed is to drink more water. Even if the amount of water you drink hasn't changed, the weather's heated up in quite a few places recently, so maybe you're sweating more than before.

and healthy fats tend to be forgotten about as well
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by because I really did LOL at the title.. my coworkers think I am nuts..

"...aaaand poop." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok. Now to read the post.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking more than 8 glasses of water a day. Also, when I have done similar diets I took a magnesium supplement and that helped with the issue.

Good Luck.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Increase your leafy green veggie consumption. I've had similar issues in the past, gone back to low processed grains, but making sure that I'm having 1-2 servings of the leafy greens (mostly spinach, kale, etc.) with every meal. Things are flowing MUCH more smoothly!!!

Agree on the water too - when you upgrade the veggies to the leafy type, you'll need to seriously increase your water to help it all bind and move out. Make sure you're getting half your body weight in oz (about 3-4L for most people)........

Ramp this up slowly otherwise, you'll aggrevate it - probiotics and digestive enzymes can help get the party moving more quickly.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars will solve all your poop problems. Cookies in Cream or Strawberry Cheesecake are the best but admittedly, in Canada Iwe don't get Cookies and Cream so I can't say for sure on that one. LOL
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Can't poop? Eat more high fiber carbs, add more oils, and drink plenty of water.

^^^ this

fibre on its own actually bungs you up even more. You need the fibre and the water, because the fibre bulks up your poo by absorbing water. If you're having just the fibre but you're dehydrated, then it really won't help. Also, constipation is one of the earlier symptoms of dehydration. Sometimes all that's needed is to drink more water. Even if the amount of water you drink hasn't changed, the weather's heated up in quite a few places recently, so maybe you're sweating more than before.

and healthy fats tend to be forgotten about as well

^^^I concur. Drink lots of water. Metamucil anything in my experience did nothing for me, it was just a waste of money.