Are you proud of YOU?

Options
melissaka7
melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
So I have to confess something...with my weight loss to date I think I've become a little conceited. I have lost about 24lbs (from 188 to 164) & actually have self confidence for the first time in a long time. I have worn summer dresses 3 days this week & LOVE getting compliments & am even guilty of fishing for them (sometimes).

I honestly do brag occasionally about my weight loss (because I'm PROUD of myself), but not in a way that is rubbing it in anyones faces, just posting a lot on facebook because there are a large number of my friends that have been following my journey & all of them say I am inspiring & motivating them. I think it's pretty awesome.

I'm just seeing how other people are handling their sucesses. Are you proud of yourself? Anyone feel the way I am on occasion or am I being a *****?

Replies

• tab0423
    tab0423 Posts: 32
    Options
    Damn straight! It has been a tough journey and a lot of hard work to lose the weight. I am very proud of what I have accomplished. If someone would have asked me 10 months ago if I thought this was possible, I would have never believed it. Congratulations on your successes. Keep up the good work!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of myself & I use to update my fb status weekly after my weigh in but now I just do it when I hit a big milestone or few every mths. Don't want to annoy everyone who doesn't really care lol but like you, I have had a TON of people message me & say they are following my journey, they love my updates & they have now started on their own journey using me as inspiration. That makes me feel even better about myself. I have lost 62lbs but still have 85lbs to go, so while I am almost half way there, bc I have so much to lose, not many people are noticing which sort of sucks. If I do side by side comparison pics, then they def notice but to see someone in person no so much or they notice but aren't telling me lol

I debated starting a facebook page about my journey so then I wouldn't annoy everyone, only the people who wanted to follow & get updates could but not 100% sure on this yet
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I am proud of me. I've managed to stick to my new way of life, even with some weird health issues popping up and an injury. And have inspired my husband to follow along. He's lost 20 lbs. Yea US!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    y a ive lost 32 pounds
    4 inches of waist
    got to Onderland- under 200
    am almost out of obese category and in to overweight
    AND I GOT LIKE 2 2 POUNDS TO GOAL WEIGHT-
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am and I'm not at the same time. I look at the scales and see I've dropped weight, and I'm proud. I want to tell everyone! Then I look at how much other people have lost or how far I still have to go, and I feel a bit embarassed.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Damn right I'm proud of myself. I've lost 21 lbs., which is at least 2/3rds of what I planned, I'm stronger and have more stamina, I'm creative as hell and an excellent designer in several different media, so yes.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Simply put, no I'm not.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments so far. Inspiring other people to make positive changes in their own lives is the highest of compliments. I'm proud of myself for my weight loss, but also for the example I'm setting for my friends, family and kids.
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    Personally, I keep my health and fitness off Facebook. I prefer to use MFP as a discussion and support forum.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    So I have to confess something...with my weight loss to date I think I've become a little conceited. I have lost about 24lbs (from 188 to 164) & actually have self confidence for the first time in a long time. I have worn summer dresses 3 days this week & LOVE getting compliments & am even guilty of fishing for them (sometimes).

I honestly do brag occasionally about my weight loss (because I'm PROUD of myself), but not in a way that is rubbing it in anyones faces, just posting a lot on facebook because there are a large number of my friends that have been following my journey & all of them say I am inspiring & motivating them. I think it's pretty awesome.

I'm just seeing how other people are handling their sucesses. Are you proud of yourself? Anyone feel the way I am on occasion or am I being a *****?

I feel the exact same way! I used to have very low self-esteem and think of myself as really fat and ugly. I am the total opposite now and just like you I feel like I'm starting to get pretty conceited. I always post my progress on facebook especially on instagram. I think I'm starting to get haters on instragram because I've had people unfollow me BUT there's also a lot who compliments me and a lot of them tell me how inspiring I am. I was able to get a lot of people to work out and eat healthy because of my accomplishment. I even ended up making a fitness instagram so the haters won't get annoyed. LOL. But hey I am extremely proud of myself and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Anyways here are my progress pics LOL!

Me before:
    16m2kar.jpg

a3e72v.jpg

Me now:

10qw6r5.jpg

3444i2a.jpg

163 before and now 124 lbs

2i28qvl.jpg
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I was conceited to start with, but then I saw a shrink and now I'm just the nicest and most talented guy on the forum..............
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!