Liposuction.. Really????

Options
2»

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The only area I don't wanna lose weight is my butt. It can stay big and fleshy. It's round like yours too! Don't think of it as a disadvantage, there's so many women who would kill to have a big booty
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to get rid of a nice badonkadonk like that? I say build on it!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have considered the aqua-lipo for the @#$%^ saddlebags that will not go away! (They were a genetic gift from my mother's side of the family.) I just cannot seem to part with that kind of money for what boils down to vanity. Those stubborn fat pockets aren't diminishing my quality of life in any real sense; all they do it tick me off!!! (Check my exercise log.)

This is such a personal decision that I cannot see downing someone else for doing it. Now if their kids are nekkid and hungry because the money was all spent on that, well... but that surely would never be the case.
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We all feel differently about our own bodies but you're a very good looking girl. Personally i think you look wonderful!

Thank you very much dear.. But a huge butt is a disappointment every morning....
    do u think it looks really bad...
    IMG_2880_zps589d09d4.jpg

IMG_2742_zps2ae6ea7c.jpg

You look wonderful. Your body is perfectly proportional. You certainly do not need any medical procedure done, because you are not obese. Any changes that you want to make in your body can be done in the gym and in the kitchen. You have an amazing canvas to work with, and many people (myself included) would love to be able to have a butt like that. If there is something about it you are uncomfortable with just work on toning. You are beautiful- love yourself the way you are and do not compare!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Where I come from, your bootie is enviable. But I understand the feeling. I'm contemplating "supplementing" what went missing up top after my weight loss. Others have said "why do that you look fine". What's important is how we feel. I decided for now to focus on feeling better about me as is, and maybe in a year I'll take a look at where I'm at and decide just how important it is.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    And this is what divides MFP, into haters and friendlies.

If that is you in the big picture, please spend your money on counseling.... .

you are taking for granted what you have and how beautiful you are.

There are women out there that would do anything, and yes I mean anything to look like you do.

You keep doing what you have been doing because you are doing it right. Congratulate your friend on her success and then turn around and compliment yourself on how you look right now this very second.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hey friends.

Just need a piece of advice..

I visited a friend after 2 months or something and was amazed to see the all together different her... Slimmed and totally different. No signs of any extra fat...
    She had undergone a liposuction procedure..

Does that really help... Isn't self belief and natural ways better to loose weight.. Is getting in shape so important that you do a permanent damage to your beautiful body?

after seeing her i myself wanted to get the procedure and get rid of the huge buttocks i am left with after 1 year of continuos training.
    But is it really worth it??
    Any comments ??
    suggestion
    My personal opinion is that it shouldn't be the primary way to lose fat. If someone has trained and reduced body fat down to normal and low levels and STILL has an area that can't be reduced anymore after several attempts of lowering body fat, then get is done if that's the choice.
    I would disagree with just getting it done if someone didn't attempt to lose weight with calorie deficit alone. Why? Because if that person has no idea on how to control calories, that weight return. In fact the area that got lipoed could end up looking worse because lumps would be more distinguished in areas where cells weren't removed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much dear.. But a huge butt is a disappointment every morning....
    IMG_2880_zps589d09d4.jpg

IMG_2742_zps2ae6ea7c.jpg
    Don't lipo. Lose more body fat. You'll save money and understand how to stay leaner going through the process.

IDEA Fitness member
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I had a chin implant 6 years ago to help build my non-existent lower jaw line. They did some liposuction to help with contouring. It was only a few years ago and the skin on my neck is now loose and flimsy feeling. 37 is way too young for a "turkey neck". I strongly suspect I'll have to get a revision at some point to tighten up the skin.

I would be concerned that liposuction on other parts of the body would have the same effect. I'd prefer a round, perfect booty like yours over a flat and floppy booty any day. Also liposuction is followed by up to a year of swelling, which can also cause skin damage and make you look even "fuller" than you really are.

Learn to love the skin you're in :wink:
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    That's a very nice behind! You dont look fat from the side at all! Males don't look at your *kitten* and think OMG she's fat!! Be happy with your body! Like i said before, you're looking really good!
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    A reliable source once told me that by the time we hit puberty, our bodies have the fat cells they will have for the rest of our lives. When we gain and lost weight, we don't gain and lost fat cells. The fat cells we have swell and shrink. Liposuction actually removes fat cells from the body; something the body cannot do for itself.

I was actually at a consultation with a plastic surgeon yesterday to discuss a tummy tuck, and she said I might consider liposuction for my flanks (a word I hate because it makes me literally feel like a cow). Turns out I won't be considering anything for a long time; the procedure is very expensive and I'm not ready to drop that kind of moolah on my vanity right now.

But back to fat cells. People who undergo liposuction must take special care to keep their weight off after the procedure. Because fat cells have been removed from one part of the body, if a person gains weight after liposuction they will gain weight disproportionately in other parts of the body. None of the weight gain will go to the liposuctioned area, but will be spread out over the rest of the body. So, in the case of your friend who had the procedure done on her bootie, if she gains weight it will go everywhere else on her body but not the bootie.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "People who undergo liposuction must take special care to keep their weight off after the procedure. Because fat cells have been removed from one part of the body, if a person gains weight after liposuction they will gain weight disproportionately in other parts of the body. None of the weight gain will go to the liposuctioned area, but will be spread out over the rest of the body. So, in the case of your friend who had the procedure done on her bootie, if she gains weight it will go everywhere else on her body but not the bootie. "

True, that. Instead of the butt, you get arm fat. Probably it's not a big deal for a half pound of saddle bag on each side, but substantial lipo will change your overall fat deposits.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    once i get to my goal weight AND STAY THERE FOR 6 MONTHS. i am planning some spot lipo and a nice breast lift. im ALL about removing stuff from my body, but not adding anything into it :)
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am just not finding words to thank you all for not only motivating me to still work on my body myself than let a syringe take it out. I think i have been capable of doing and still can do more effort to tone it up.

Um gonna sweat the fat out rather than destroy them mechanically.

I feel so motivated and happy about myself now knowing tat it doesn't look bad. Or even if it does tats how i am.

Love u all.
    I dnt have words to thank MFP. For creating such a platform so that people can just talk dere feelings out.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness no. I wish I had a booty like that. It doesn't look too big or anything.

bump ^^^^^^ thats a good 'bigger booty" similar to mine! lol
    and my man aint complainin! lol... in fact he tells me your butt better not shrink anymore!!! LOL...
    the bigger 'bad' kinda big booty is square and wide and dents.. NOT round and from working out!
    you look good girl dont trip,.,.,.. save your $$$$ sersioulsy (my opinion) and smile! your beautfiul :drinker:
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider about liposuction is that if often doesn't last without perm lifestyle changes. http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/does-liposuction-last-long-term-1
    The reason that some people believe that liposuction is a permanent fat fix is because it used to be thought that you’re born with a set number of fat cells. So, if you get some sucked out, you forever reduce your tendency to store fat. But research shows that this is simply not true. Fat cells that remain will still fill up with more fat if you eat more calories than your body needs. And adults can develop brand new fat cells when more fat needs to be stored than the body has room for. So even if surgery removes a few adipocytes from your thighs, you may later find that your arms or calves—or anywhere else you have fat cells—gets fatter.

A study published in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery surveyed 209 liposuction patients—most of whom had undergone the procedure more than two years earlier—and found that 81 percent had not lost any weight, and 43 percent actually gained more! (Most gained five to 10 pounds.) The researchers concluded that for liposuction to be a success, the patient must begin practicing a healthy lifestyle immediately after surgery and should eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    IMG_2880_zps589d09d4.jpg

IMG_2742_zps2ae6ea7c.jpg
    Don't lipo. Lose more body fat. You'll save money and understand how to stay leaner going through the process.

IDEA Fitness member
    ^ this! and Lift heavy if i might add
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against cosmetics procedures but for lipo I say keep your money until those last stubborn pockets of fat.