Sugar is in everything!!

Options
I just joined MFP this week, and have already totally fallen in love with it.

BUT, I am now seeing that sugar is in almost EVERYTHING, even the most healthiest of foods. I have been over my "sugar goal" every day so far and am wondering if anyone has tips on how to reduce the intake of sugar while still eating daily fruits etc....

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    There is no sugar in hotdogs

omnHh2k.gif
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    check out "Sugar from fruit. Is it really bad?" on the same message board.
  • che376
    che376 Posts: 2
    Options
    Or Bacon!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    OMG I KNOWW!!!!!

tumblr_mbtd1zGjb21r4t7nto1_400.gif
  • SirBonerFart
    Options

OP is tracking her sugar separately from carbs

But thanks for playing
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother to monitor my sugar. Eat a well balanced diet and enjoy your treats when you can fit them in. Personally, I eat a little chocolate just about every day. And I don't stress over it.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options

BUT, I am now seeing that sugar is in almost EVERYTHING, even the most healthiest of foods. I have been over my "sugar goal" every day so far and am wondering if anyone has tips on how to reduce the intake of sugar while still eating daily fruits etc....

Same with sodium. grrrr! :angry:
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    There's no sugar in burgers, or pizza, or pasta..eat those instead
  • SirBonerFart
    Options

Same with sodium. grrrr! :angry:

without sodium you would die
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to track sugar separately from carbs... unless you find it that consuming sugar makes it more difficult to stay in your carb range. That's a perfectly valid reason, but it's a question of how easy it is to adhere to, not a health reason.

None. Not even if you have diabetes. Your body turns starches and more complex sugars into glucose, the purest, simplest sugar there is, nearly instantly.

Sugars are carbs, and that is it.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    Options
    OMG I KNOWW!!!!!

tumblr_mbtd1zGjb21r4t7nto1_400.gif

No way dude
  • baarsc
    baarsc Posts: 3
    Options
    I appreciate peoples helpful encouragement and insight!

I don't appreciate peoples sarcasm and rudeness like below. Just FYI, I don't care if other people see my numbers in red. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me!

You might as well just give up then...I mean this frigging sucks..you can always half 1/4 of the apple each day though...that will break it up and you wont go over it...cuz you dont want your friends to see red numbers onyour diary now,do you..
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    Options

I don't appreciate peoples sarcasm and rudeness like below. Just FYI, I don't care if other people see my numbers in red. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me!

You might as well just give up then...I mean this frigging sucks..you can always half 1/4 of the apple each day though...that will break it up and you wont go over it...cuz you dont want your friends to see red numbers onyour diary now,do you..

Now hold a minute...I agree that these peple are rude...but isnt accountability like the biggest part of this site? Cuz if we were good at doing it for us, they wouldnt have open food diaries...I mean I dont know, just sayin
  • baarsc
    baarsc Posts: 3
    Options
    That rude quote was yours, countingcaloriessux, was it not?

Anyways, I like doing it with my friends, but I view this as a tool to keep track of my numbers and keep my motivation going. Ultimately, this website is a tool to keep myself accountable to myself.

Now hold a minute...I agree that these peple are rude...but isnt accountability like the biggest part of this site? Cuz if we were good at doing it for us, they wouldnt have open food diaries...I mean I dont know, just sayin
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I am type 1 Diabetic so I feel your frustration! :) But not all sugar is bad for you. I personally go with a carb goal, since the amount of carbs in something includes the amt of sugar. But back to your question of fruits.. your lower carb/sugar fruits are your berries. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. You can a cup of each for about 15g carbs... give or take a few g's :) Also, what's your sugar goal at? Could it be too low?