weight loss plateau

Options
Perhaps this is a common situation, but my weight loss seems to have stalled. Eating sensibly with lots of exercise (cardio and weights) but seem to be stuck at 74.6kg. Have a low net calorie intake, though I do give myself a good cheat meal every week. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public and you'll probably get some good advice.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The thing that always helped me was changing the exercise. Your body can become used to it. If you've been running, maybe try biking or swimming or something.

Otherwise, definitely open your diary;
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    when this happen to me, I actually increased my calorie intake and started losing within a weeks time..
  • Tlbrown1985
    Options
    try zig zagging your calories!!! you probably need to increase your calories because your body hasnt gotten used to what youve been eating!!! up your calories
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is a common situation, but my weight loss seems to have stalled. Eating sensibly with lots of exercise (cardio and weights) but seem to be stuck at 74.6kg. Have a low net calorie intake, though I do give myself a good cheat meal every week. Any suggestions? Thanks.

How long has your weight stalled?
    What is your net calorie goal?
    What does your exercise routine look like?
    What does eating sensibly mean?
    How tall are you?
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at a "plateau." Sometimes you'll just randomly have a few weeks with no loss. It happens. If it goes on for much more than a few weeks then I usually get a little concerned.
  • shotts66
    shotts66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just about 5 days. Lots of heavy cardio and weights, with low net calorie intake. maybe this is just natural, but I've been losing weight steadily until this week.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    just about 5 days. Lots of heavy cardio and weights, with low net calorie intake. maybe this is just natural, but I've been losing weight steadily until this week.

Weight fluctuation is completely normal and only 5 days is not a plateau.