Your Favorite "It's Too Hot" Meal?

Options

Replies

• jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    When I don't want to eat/cook because of the heat my go to is always fresh mozz, tomatoes, basil, EVOO, balsamic vinegar. I could live on it.

Or I'll just munch on frozen fruit, or throw some fish and broccoli on the grill with lots of lemon.
    i second this
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I don't want to eat/cook because of the heat my go to is always fresh mozz, tomatoes, basil, EVOO, balsamic vinegar. I could live on it.

Or I'll just munch on frozen fruit, or throw some fish and broccoli on the grill with lots of lemon.

this!
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Byerlys Sunny Broccoli Salad. It's cold, it's refreshing, it's got protein and lots of good vitamins, and if you make it with lite mayonnaise you don't notice one bit of difference and -- 325 calories per cup. (Which is quite a bit, actually).

http://www.lundsandbyerlys.com/recipes/recipes/s/sunny-broccoli-salad.aspx

Frozen Yogurt or sorbet for dessert.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail, salad, sangria. No cooking involved.
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    Bodybuilder meal..The entire jug of plain non-fat yougurt plain..2scoops of chocolate whey..mixx and ejoy..500 cals 100g protein..yum
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you're an omnivore, pick up a rotisserie chicken so you don't have to heat your kitchen up. Then pick up a bunch of fruit and veggies, like watermelon, other melons, cucumbers, etc. Maybe make a light vinegar-baed cucumber salad and a fruit salad. Watermelon is great as far as calories per serving. :)

Added: You can use the chicken for the Waldorf salad someone else mentioned if you don't feel like eating a hot meal. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    We love chilled Italian pasta salad. Whole wheat spiral pasta, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and homemade Italian dressing. You can buy store bought but I think it has too much sodium in it. If you want it to be more filling, add some protein. Grilled chicken breast is good in it, as is shrimp. Delicious, filling and cool.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Chef salad.

I usually have the stuff laying around.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cold soba noodles with hot broth. I get cold way too easily so I like to eat it cold and warm it up as I like drinking broth :)
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Big salad with 7 - 8 different veggies, albacore tuna (chilled of course), with Paul Newman Light Balsamic dressing. Chilled grapes for dessert.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Helpful answer: gazpacho.
    My real first thought: rum.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    When it gets too hot we have super salads.

Salad, cut up any veggies you want, hard boiled eggs, some cut up ham....

Then we don't have to use the oven :)
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A salad from Panera :happy: !
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Chilled pasta salad with grape tomatoes, broccoli and drizzled with zesty Italian dressing. Delicious.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Cold fried chicken, watermelon, maybe some cold mac & cheese or pasta salad, and beer. Yes, I'm from the South.
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites...no cooking involved, healthy and delish........

Crab, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing

You can get the recipe from Cooking Light.com
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Caprese salad with prosciutto & peaches.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you like seafood, ceviche is great to make. I have made it with shrimp, tuna, and snapper. I like it on a tostada or with plantain chips.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich or bacon and eggs. A good salad is always a good for a hot day too.