No such thing as "Fattening" food or inherently bad food

Options
2»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Is this some sort of game to see how many times people can say the same thing over and over again?

Can I just pick a winner and the world can move on?

Eenie, meenie, minee, MOE!

Does Moe have science on his side, or merely opinion and conjecture? Cause I feel like that will determine how seriously we should take Moe.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Some really groundbreaking stuff here!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Best OP today!

dean-funny-gif-supernatural-Favim.com-235240.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But what about the chemicals?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    719743_o.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    But what about the chemicals?

we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Except for asparagus. That **** is inherently bad. Blegh.

NO IT'S NOT! :noway:

I love asparagus. What I don't love? Two words: asparagus pee. Yeah, I said it. You can't unread it. Or unsmell it.

In other news, I really like this post. Thanks for posting something helpful and rational and all the things that a post on MFP should be. I await the loud noises that are bound to follow.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    All foods are fattening foods if you eat enough of them. I try to limit certain foods because I like them so much it is difficult for me to eat them in moderation. No foods are fattening foods if you do not eat more of them than your body needs. So I do agree with your post.
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So simple, and yet hard to understand.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Arsenic isn't fattening, why will it kill me?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I thought we were supposed to stay away from certain things... hydrogenated, for example?

So many experts, no one agrees :-)

Hydrogenated doesn't mean bad. Partially hydrogenated oils contain trans fats, which are a type of unsaturated fat and are pretty much automatically bad. Not much stuff has any appreciable amount of trans fat these days. The trans fat that is naturally-occurring in beef doesn't seem to be bad. Fully hydrogenated oils are saturated fats and not trans fats. They're fine.

Hooray for cis double bonds! (As opposed to trans double bonds, found in trans fats).
  • CocoLeslie
    Options
    For some people maybe it doesn't matter what you eat to lose weight as long as your calories in is less than your calories out. But for me, when I eat no processed foods I lose weight. When I eat processed foods I gain weight. All with the same calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day. I went traveling and ate pop tarts, bread, cereal, and other things but stayed at my 1000 calorie deficit, and gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I did this 3 times over the last 4 months. For me, I feel better, look better, think better, and function better when I eat organic whole foods, no boxed processed foods. My health markers are more than a few lab studies, I also evaluate how I feel and I don't feel as good when I eat synthetic foods.

I challenge everyone to not eat processed foods for a month and feel the difference.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For some people maybe it doesn't matter what you eat to lose weight as long as your calories in is less than your calories out. But for me, when I eat no processed foods I lose weight. When I eat processed foods I gain weight. All with the same calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day. I went traveling and ate pop tarts, bread, cereal, and other things but stayed at my 1000 calorie deficit, and gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I did this 3 times over the last 4 months. For me, I feel better, look better, think better, and function better when I eat organic whole foods, no boxed processed foods. My health markers are more than a few lab studies, I also evaluate how I feel and I don't feel as good when I eat synthetic foods.

I challenge everyone to not eat processed foods for a month and feel the difference.

19019069.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I went traveling and ate pop tarts, bread, cereal, and other things but stayed at my 1000 calorie deficit, and gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I did this 3 times over the last 4 months.

I knew before clicking that your diary would be closed.

Open your diary and let us evaluate this claim. Waddaya say?