breakfast that sustains

Options
Fage 0% greek yogurt
Tbsp or so honey
frozen blackberries - a handful
handful of chopped walnuts
i eat this almost every morning through the week and it is so satisfying and healthy

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!!!
  • ggmoe27
    ggmoe27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds fabulous. Would Stonyfield Farms greek yogurt be as good? I have never heard of Fage brand. I am going to try it. Thanks for sharing. I struggle with breakfasts because I am not a morning eater. This sounds way better than eggs of some sort. Thanks again. GiGi
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mmmm sounds good!

My sustaining breakfast:
    ~Any fiber rich cereal
    ~Almond milk
    ~Whole wheat toast
    ~All natural peanut butter

Whole grains + protein = satisfaction :)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    mmm! Sounds good :) (though I've not learned the taste for yogurt ... yet)

My sustaining breakfast: sunny side up egg(s), whole wheat artisan bread, yummy fruit cut up with a little Splenda. So so so nummy!! That's usually about 250 - 300 calories, depending upon the bread and number of eggs.

If I toast the bread, I spread a little Brummel & Brown on it - SO yum!
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal is what i like with 1/2 cup of lactose free fat free milk.

It is good stuff.

The one cereal that I use has 13 grams of protein in 1 cup of cereal plus what you get in the milk. I also like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch -- it has 9 grams of protein in one cup of cereal.

Also it is high in fiber too.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My favorite is whole grain pancakes with honey and a nice fresh peach :] Mmmm... yum!!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Been eating Fiber One cereal with skim milk. When I have time, I'll make Irish Oatmeal (Steal cut oats)... no matter what I eat though I'm ready for lunch 3 or less hours later.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    Lately I have been eating a whole wheat wrap with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana sliced wrapped inside. I like it because the wrap has lots of fiber and 8 grams of protien along with protein from the PB. It is really good carb wise too! I usually eat the chobani greek yogurt for lunch because they are way to filling for me for breakfast!! They come in all flavors and have a TON of protein...add some almonds or a little granola or extra fruit and you will be stuff for a long time!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like cooked oatmeal with cinnamon, 1 packet of steevia, 1 small no sugar added applesauce and 1/4 cup non fat milk. I stir it all together. I like Trader Joe's steel cut quick cooking oats but if I don't have time I eat regular quick oats made in the microwave (2 minutes). I eat this breakfast a lot. My second favorite breakfast is an Orowheat double fiber english muffin toasted and topped with 1 TB of Adam's natural peanut butter and I eat a piece of fruit or applesauce with it. If I don't have a latte I will have a cup of non fat milk with it.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of homemade muesli to my yoghurt and fruit. I usually use blueberries since I have 10 plants in the backyard. I switched from granola to muesli since muesli has less sugar.