What is your all time favorite movie and why??

Options

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    goonies.jpg

because it's the best one out there... and it's okay if you disagree, I don't judge you for being wrong.

best. movie. ever.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Peter Jackson's "The Lord Of The Rings". Because the movie is excellent to stupendous in every way; casting, acting, location, camera work, cg effects, everything. Seeing my all time favorite books made into great movies was worth the long wait. (I'm one of those fans who re-reads the whole thing every five years or so.)

AGREED!!! AGREED!!! AGREED!!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Braveheart - that movie totally inspired me to stand up for what I believe in no matter the cost. In fact I believe I am going to go home and have a beer. FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMM!

Ah! You stole mine :( And now I may steal your plans....
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Pumping Iron, the GOAT
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My top two are Dreamer w/Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning and We Bought a Zoo w/Matt Damon.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a top 5:

Shawshank Redemption - because it's brillant all around
    Goodfellas - because I secretly want to to a gangster
    Amadeus - because I love Mozart and the story of his life/talent is incredible
    Girl's Just Want to Have Fun - because it's a hilarious 80s movie that makes me happy every time I watch it
    Beverly Hill Cop - just because it's awesome...

First three choices are EXCELLENT!!:happy:
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oooo, fab topic :D The Matrix. Because I'm pretty sure I live in it. Also, I think it was the key that opened my mind. Avatar a close second. Dirty Dancing - 3rd.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    goonies.jpg

This one. Why? Because of the Truffle Shuffle!

200.gif

Well, that's not the ONLY reason why... it's just fun :)
  • rparkman
    rparkman Posts: 15
    Options
    Idiocracy. Gets better every time I watch it (around time 34 now).
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride. "As you wish..."

INCONCEIVABLE!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Buckaroo Banzai, Princess Bride, Fifth Element, Big Trouble in Little China and Masters of the Universe. Haha.
  • kfit42
    kfit42 Posts: 3
    Options
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly because I had a huge crush on Clint Eastwood when I was little. His character is smart and a fast shooter. The soundtrack is awesome, I have the music on my phone when I receive calls. The ugly is a funny man and it is the best spaghetti western ever.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind... I guess I'm a realistic romantic? Plus, the soundtrack is amazing.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Blade Runner. Because.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Also, Secretary, The Invention of Lying, Tropic Thunder, Legend, Buffalo 66, Life as a House, The Big Year, and any movie with Johnny Depp.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Star Wars, Ratatouille, Clerks, Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Star Wars: Been a favorite series since I was a kid
    Ratatouille: Inspired me to cook
    Clerks: Come on. It's Clerks
    Once Upon A Time in Mexico: Johnny Depp played a great role with an amazing storyline ending to the trilogy
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Borat.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis version) ....I just love it and it has an awesome soundtrack. I've actually made it through the whole movie on the eliptical.

Of course Crazy, Stupid Love is up there too....mostly the part when Ryan Gosling has his shirt off. Need I say more :)
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump, because Duh..It's Forrest Gump and My Cousin Vinny in 2nd place :)