Question about Peanut Butter

Options
13»

Replies

• amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Eat it on cheat days, it has about 190 calories per serving, at least creamy Skippy peanut butter does, and a slice of apple pie has almost 300 calories in it! Yet, I have eaten apple pie and one serving of ice cream on my cheat days, which I have twice a week to boost my metabolism and I have steadily lost weight with no problems. People who do not know about what I eat on my diet, when they see me eating a slice of pie, or a piece of cake, they ask how am I eating this and losing weight? So, eat the peanut butter on your cheat day to boost your metabolism! Don't give it up, have it twice a week! If I can have my pie and ice cream or my pie and brownie, I'm sure you can have your peanut butter!
  • NoraisTreble
    NoraisTreble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is good for you - but like anything else it needs to be tempered. If your entire diet consisted of peanut butter - that would be bad. I love a pb&j or an "Elvis" (PB & Banana) every couple of weeks. I even love a pb& bacon once in a while (oh yeah - it's good!) Reduced the amount that you have in a meal, and reduce the number of days a week you enjoy it. Low-fat PB adds a lot of sugar, which is worse. Good luck to you. :-)
  • seblagg
    seblagg Posts: 42
    Options

I think you need to reassess your diet and be honest with yourself. For instance, you didn't give up sugar since you're eating apples

She probably means she gave up added sugars. My doctor asked me to try giving up added sugar, but specifically said that I could continue to eat fruit.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and I'm not giving it up. I usually have one tbsp on a banana or two tbsp with my apple and just log it accordingly. Everything in moderation.....
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I encourage everyone to give up peanut butter and mail it to me
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Whipped peanut butter is about 70 calories a tablespoon.
  • slocketti
    slocketti Posts: 3
    Options
    Better N Butter is the best peanut butter you can replace with. It is 100 calories for 2 TB and only 2 grams of fat. Talk about a major savings. It is also all natural. You can find it at Trader Joe's for $3.99. It is in the natural/organic section of the regular grocery stores for a few bucks more.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up then. Just have it in moderation, don't limit your food choices because you'll be more likely to binge if you're restricting something you love.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think PB is well worth the calories. Lots of protean. I stay away from hydrogenated oils tho.
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up. As the poster above me pointed out, lots of protein and good fat. Opt for an all-natural peanut butter, with two ingredients at most. I buy the Costco/Kirkland brand, and all it is is peanuts and sea salt. Delicious!

Kirkland peanut butter is THE BESSSSST. It disappeared from my Costco for like a year and a half and I was devastated. When I saw they had it again I shrieked with pure joy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    EAT PEANUT BUTTER!

EAT IT! EAT IT! EAT IT! EAT IT! EAT IT! EAT IT!

NOTHING REPLACES IT.

At least in my humble opinion.