Off whenever possible - USA
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    always off
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    usually off... unless I am working out at home in which case I do rock shoes in front of the TV
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm American and my family never wears shoes in the house. We rarely wear socks in the house.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    On, and if I have to take my shoes off to visit you - I won't (this is probably a benefit) :drinker:
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Canada - off! Snow in winter, mud in spring and fall, what's this summer peope speak of? LOL!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Who the hell wears shoes in the house!? People watch too much t.v
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I never wear shoes unless I have to ... it's more a comfort thing for me. Even on my elliptical and stationary bike, I wear slippers instead. Sometimes people come over and see me without shoes and think it's required, but I'm not picky (as long as you don't track mud in). If we replace the carpet I may rethink the issue but until then ...
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just moved into a brand new town home... Definitely shoes off...
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    No shoes in my house!

My family struggle with this when they visit but it is so much cleaner and quieter. :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    USA -- I am barefoot except when I exercise :tongue:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    USA - shoes come off the second I walk in the door. Shoes are optional at my office so it's hit & miss whether I have them on there.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    American - shoes are always on.

ALWAYS.

Edit: Seriously though, I grew up with the "it doesn't matter if your shoes are on except if they're like really muddy or something" rule. I think it's kinda nasty to walk barefoot on someone else's floor, who knows what nastiness you can spread/receive?
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    USA - Off

but we're pig/chicken farmers in the midwest, its always muddy/stinky/poo filled so no shoes in the house

altho i was a surfer girl in california and i never wore shoes inside or outside of the house, ever. so i basically brought all my dirt from outside inside anyway.
  • TitzzMcGhee
    TitzzMcGhee Posts: 116
    Options
    On, I've always got flip flops on in the house. Sadly without them my plantar fasciitis flares up.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Canada - Off

I'd go barefoot everywhere if it was feasible TBH :laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Grew up in the U.S. and always wore shoes inside. Going barefoot in my parents' house wasn't a safe option. Moving to Canada, I don't wear shoes inside because I live in someone else's home, though she is constantly clomping around in high heels. :grumble:
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    On ... ( Australia ) ...here . As we live in a unit , and is all tiled ..don't have small children around any more :tongue:

Some of my visitors have complained ... but my home ...my choice !

Being retired don't get dirty shoes and in mud etc .... And i have two small dogs in my home ..:happy:

My ex neighbor would take her shoes off ... before coming in , and i always had to wash the floor after she left a her feet had terrible odor. :grumble:

Live and let live i say ....
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    American - shoes are always on.

ALWAYS.

Edit: Seriously though, I grew up with the "it doesn't matter if your shoes are on except if they're like really muddy or something" rule. I think it's kinda nasty to walk barefoot on someone else's floor, who knows what nastiness you can spread/receive?

Exactly ..If you shower in a public place ... we were taught to wear thongs on our feet , as not to catch germs from other people s feet . So what makes a home any different ?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Off, Canada. I can't help cringing a bit when I'm somewhere and it's 'on'.