Petite Ladies, Step Inside Please

Options

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Here's a another way to measure what body type you are. I'm 5'2" with a medium frame and my goal weight is 125lbs.

Women:
    Height under 5'2"
    Small = wrist size less than 5.5"
    Medium = wrist size 5.5" to 5.75"
    Large = wrist size over 5.75"

Height 5'2" to 5' 5"
    Small = wrist size less than 6"
    Medium = wrist size 6" to 6.25"
    Large = wrist size over 6.25"

Height over 5' 5"
    Small = wrist size less than 6.25"
    Medium = wrist size 6.25" to 6.5"
    Large = wrist size over 6.5"

Men:
    Height over 5' 5"
    Small = wrist size 5.5" to 6.5"
    Medium = wrist size 6.5" to 7.5"
    Large = wrist size over 7.5"
  • aromayor
    Options
    I'm 5'3 3/4" medium-framed. I weigh 118 right now but my goal weight is 110.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    5'0" - Medium / large frame. Aiming for 120.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3.5" and i have a medium frame...i am hoping to balance out at about 125ish...i've thought about going lower but i think i have the best hope of maintaining in the mid 120s without too much stress and not feeling like i am denying myself all of the yummy food i love to eat :)
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I am 5'1" and am currently 138- 140 lbs. I would like to get down to 120 lbs. I am a small body frame according to the wrist test, although even when I was in highschool and 115 lbs. my legs were always bigger.

I am mantaining 1200 calories a day and eating what calories I do burn from either running/walking or Zumba. I have lost 2 lbs so far, but seem to go up and down those 2 lbs, so I am looking forward to losing some WEIGHT and hoping it's about 6-8 lbs in a month.
  • sherryl9128
    sherryl9128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my overall goal is between 115-120. Good luck!
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am small frame, 5 1 and weigh in at around 106 to 108 lbs. I can go lower and still be in a healthy range but my body likes this size, with which I am happy to try to maintain.
  • ktbug1186
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and hoping to be 100 or 98..I have a really small frame!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Here's a another way to measure what body type you are. I'm 5'2" with a medium frame and my goal weight is 125lbs.

Women:
    Height under 5'2"
    Small = wrist size less than 5.5"
    Medium = wrist size 5.5" to 5.75"
    Large = wrist size over 5.75"

According to this I'm large frame... I always considered myself medium. :laugh:

5'1" Currently 155... Goal 120

I've been hovering within 5lbs of my start weight for months now. SO frustrating!! :grumble:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    You need to first figure out your frame size. Try this test:

- Wrap your thumb & forefinger around your wrist. If your fingers touch or overlay, you are small framed. If they barely touch, you are medium framed. If they don't touch at all, you are large framed.

For my height, 108-145 is a healthy weight range but I might not get any lower than maybe 130 because I have a medium frame.

That being said, I'm 5'3 3/4" and 162 lbs. My goal weight is 140 and then maybe a little more.

Huh! Never heard of that before! Awesome! =)

I'm 5'2", small framed (just did the test!), and I have my goal at 140. When I get there, depending on my BMI, I may lose more...
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" and im aiming for 120-122 (what I used to weigh back in high school)
  • princesspurple
    Options
    i am 5 2.25 and want to be 128...i am muscular...being 118 is not right for me!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5'4"-5" (depends on who's measuring lol, but somewhere probably between the two) and I'd like to get down to 120.
    Eventually, I'd like to go lower not for the # on the scale, but to get really toned and get down to 12-15% body fat. I'm at 19% right now and 140 (got down to 138, but it all came back lol).
  • shananigins16
    shananigins16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have always fluctuated (at least the past 10 years) between 130 and 140. I am usually quite active but my eating habits always get the best of me. My ultimate goal is 125 for weight but I'm just wanting to feel healthy again and feel comfortable in my clothes.

Being petite, a few pounds can make quite the difference...
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 135. I'm 5'1" too. I'm naturally bust-y, and my healthiest weight was when I was on active duty in the Army at 138lbs. I looked and felt great. My lowest weight ever was 110, but I was unhealthy and doing drugs at the time :sick: That was years ago.
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and my first goal is to get down to 145-150. After I reach that goal, I'll see what my next step is. If I'm satisfied with my weight, then I'll maintain. If I feel that I want to lose a little more, then I'll lose a few more pounds. Right now, I'm just happy that this weight loss goal has been successful! :)
  • redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5' and I fluctuate between 116 and 118 regularly. I was aiming at 110 and was on this site consistently for MONTHS and that weight did not budge. 1 lb or 2 here and there but has not gone down. Of course I became discouraged and stopped for a while. I have decided to use the site more for tracking my exercise and eating habits. Maybe somewhere down the road something will kick in but maybe my body is also telling me this is where it should be? (or maybe that's an excuse of mine?) I don't know... what I do know is I exercise much more now than I have before so at the least, my heart must be healthier. 4-5 times a week with 300-500 calorie burn has to be doing something for my health, right??

I'm about 4'11 (give or take half an inch...lol) and my body likes to rest between 112 and 120. My goal is really more like 95-105, depending on muscle. I hate being this small. :/

What are you doing for exercise? Maybe bump calories up or down?
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    I am barely 5'1 and i am aiming for 90lbs. *feels slightly awkward*
    I seem to be aiming less then most people here. But thats where id feel most happy with my figure.
    I am not curvey in the slightests so those extra lbs most woman have on from their boobs & curves i dont have.
    I am currently 108lbs.
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and have a goal of 140. My healthy BMI max is 130. It says 110 is about the middle of healthy, but I weighed 130 when I got married and I was very happy with my weight. I have children now so I think 140 is a good goal to have. When I get there I will look at it again, then maybe I will decide to loose more.
    Side Note: According to the wrist test I am small framed.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" with a medium frame. My goal right now is 130. Once I get there I may set a new goal of 125 if I think i still need to lose a few extra lbs. But even getting to 130 puts me in the healthy range of BMI for my height. I pretty much fluctuated btwn 125-130 in high school. So I've been that weight before (been a loooooong time), but not as fit...want to lean out/build muscle tone as well. I think anything under 125 lbs would be too thin for me.