shoes off or on in the house?

Options

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    On, I've always got flip flops on in the house. Sadly without them my plantar fasciitis flares up.

flip flops are horrid for pf!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The U.S. and shoes come off just inside the door so as not to track dirt or grime in the house. :tongue:
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My SO and I bought ourselves some cheap flip-flops specifically to wear inside the apartment, because the floor is tile. Bare feet on tile get inexplicably nasty *really* quickly. Also, we have a cat. It's a 350sqft studio apartment, so no matter where the litterbox is, there's gonna be litter tracked basically everywhere. I personally hate the feeling of dirt/sand/particulate matter on my feet if I'm not on the beach. So, shoes on inside, but they're house slippers, so I don't know if that counts.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    My SO and I bought ourselves some cheap flip-flops specifically to wear inside the apartment, because the floor is tile. Bare feet on tile get inexplicably nasty *really* quickly. Also, we have a cat. It's a 350sqft studio apartment, so no matter where the litterbox is, there's gonna be litter tracked basically everywhere. I personally hate the feeling of dirt/sand/particulate matter on my feet if I'm not on the beach. So, shoes on inside, but they're house slippers, so I don't know if that counts.

this appears to be the proper way to do things. I award you an A+. :)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    USA and they always come off as soon as we come in the front door!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I live in Hawaii now, and it's always shoes off. But when I was growing up in Michigan it was shoes off too. It was always snowy or muddy or rainy. So you took your shoes off to keep the dirt from coming in. But we had house shoes or slippers. Here we go barefoot. We have carpet (a TERRIBLE idea in Hawaii and I don't know what the previous family were thinking) but I shampoo it once a month to keep it clean. Other parts are linoleum which is pretty easy to keep clean.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    off
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options

this appears to be the proper way to do things. I award you an A+. :)

Yay! Thanks, lol.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Shoes off... but slippers on! I have hardwood floors and they are "hard" on bare feet! I need the cushion of soft, fluffy slippers! LOL
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    off!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Bermuda. I'm shoes off and my husband on. Actually it has nothing to do with nationality in our household, at least for me. I don't know for him. I just hate wearing shoes so they go asap.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Off, would prefer if no one wore shoes when entering my house.
  • LilLadyBug91
    Options
    USA/Off The floors stay so much cleaner!
  • ashleywingo7
    ashleywingo7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    America (Missouri) and shoes definitely off! I hate shoes so I'm always barefoot or wearing flipflops.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Canada - off always off the second I get in the house they are off. I hate shoes.
  • dognana
    dognana Posts: 10
    Options
    I do a little of both. It's difficult to get them off & on all the time.
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    always shoes off in the house,even if I go to someones home and they say don't worry about it they still come off,I guess its just manners or force of habit.Only in Canada EH
    :laugh: :wink:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    in my home we always wear "house shoes" aka slippers
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Barefoot all the way in the house! Kick my shoes off in the foyer as soon as I enter the house.

USA
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    off in kansas:drinker: