shoes off or on in the house?

Options

Replies

• wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    My SO and I bought ourselves some cheap flip-flops specifically to wear inside the apartment, because the floor is tile. Bare feet on tile get inexplicably nasty *really* quickly. Also, we have a cat. It's a 350sqft studio apartment, so no matter where the litterbox is, there's gonna be litter tracked basically everywhere. I personally hate the feeling of dirt/sand/particulate matter on my feet if I'm not on the beach. So, shoes on inside, but they're house slippers, so I don't know if that counts.

I used to always run around barefoot or in socks, then I became a cat owner. Stepping on a wet, juicy hairball just once teaches you that barefoot is NOT an option. :sick: Now I wear houseshoes (flip flops) around the house and have gotten so used to it that I couldn't imagine going barefoot.

ETA: Oklahoma
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    USA - Shoes off in the house.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    NZ - shoes off if it is just me & my partner. Although he will often keep his on. We have mostly wood floors.

Shoes on if we are having a party (the floors will usually be washed afterwards anyway). And friends who have newly varnished wood floors requested shoes are taken off.

I once went to a party in the UK where people were asked to remove shoes - sadly one of them had particularly stinky feet - ROOM CLEARINGLY bad. :sick:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    USA. I take my shoes off the second I get in the door, but not because of cleanliness but because I hate having shoes on. Everyone else leaves theirs on except my niece.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    No shoes saving my self having to shampoo besides wearing shoes all the time isnt good for your feet strech those tootsies out hawaii usa
  • rsgavin
    rsgavin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Canada - absolutely, 100% OFF!
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    OFF!!! If I'm super late for work and I forgot something in the house and have my shoes on, I crawl through the house to get the forgotten item....

Oh- and I'm Canadian...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    USA/Canada: always been off in the house.
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Scotland always off
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Off, I hate shoes and only wear them when I have to. When I was a kid I would run around outside with them off, we lived in the country. I still have my shoes off a lot of the time outside
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Always off, keeps from spreading the germs everywhere.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Shoes off in the house is all very well until someone shatters a glass, and the tiny sandlike grains end up in unexpected places.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Flip-flops because we turned a commercial building/warehouse into a home and we have concrete floors.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    OFF! I hate wearing shoes. That's the first thing to go when I get home...

I don't care about walking around the house with them on. Too much of a headache to me to remember and regulate my husband. He can barely keep his shoes off the couch, lol
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Off. Two reasons

1) my parents always made me

2) I lived in Japan for a while and because everything happens on the floor you never wear outdoor shoes on inside floors.

For me, if my shoes are on, I either just got home or am about to go out.
  • splashtree1
    Options
    Off always...in the house...and love the grass
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I take mine off.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    im a lazy house keeper, so we take ours off
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    We always wore shoes in the house growing up. But when I got my own house (and new carpeting) we took them off. Now the only one who wears them in the house is my mom when she's visiting!

USA/Off
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Definitely off, how else could you slide around house with vinyl floors

ha, you're awesome!