Hey!! Giving this a try!

Options
Hi, my name is Holly. I recently stepped on the scales at the doc's office and was terribly disappointed so I thought I would use this to track my calories to see if I can see where i am going wrong. I want more than anything to shed some pounds and to be healthy again. I am joining the gym tomorrow and possibly getting a personal trainer to help tackle this weight gain. Encouragement and support from you guys would be great. I know this will be hard journey but I am trying to make this a lifestyle change not just a one time "diet". I have tried several fad diets in the past and have learned that it will truly have to be a lifestyle change in order for this to work long term. I know I am not alone in this journey!!

Replies

• wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly! My name is Whitney I have been using MFP off and on since about this time this year and am here to say if you are taking full advantage it will work for you. I have just recently gotten back on the bandwagon and it feels so good. I'm glad you are joining us :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    This is a good place to be. You will make tons of friends here and it helps so much. Welcome!
  • Ridgemom53
    Ridgemom53 Posts: 23
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Anyone can! The month I've been on here is the longest I've stuck with anything. I am going for the slow and steady approach myself. I want this weight loss to last a lifetime.