Avocado?

Options

Replies

• Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A ripe avocado mashed with a teaspoon of sugar turns it into an instant pudding. If it wasn't so full of fat calories I could just live on them!
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat it raw with rump steak for breakfast on my low carb day, also have an omelet at the same time.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I buy them 10 at a time EVERY week...they have been on sale in my town for 88 cents each for about 8 or 9 months....I prefer to eat them plain, just half the fruit pop out the seed, and eat with a spoon...while it does hat a high percentage of fat, it is a healthy fat...and good for your heart...I DO NOT limit myself, and do eat the whole avocado...sometimes later in the day I will have another!!!! LOL....ENJOY!!!

to select, I choose firm ones, because they ripen pretty quickly on the counter top...if I buy them already soft, I have to throw most of them out before I can finish them......
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love avocado! And it's a great way to eat healthy fats!

I like it on my sandwiches (instead of mayo), I also like it over my grilled salmon.. the mix of the heat of the salmon and the avocado is delish! I also like to include it in salads (I have a mean shrimp, lime, tomato and avocado salad!) and when I'm making a taco bowl, I use avocado instead of sour cream and I love it..

Back home I used to love eating avocado inside of my home made simple quesadillas..!!
  • tamazarashi
    Options
    I love avocados too! I usually use them as a mayo substitute in sandwiches. They're really good with turkey and a low fat cheese. I get avocado on my sandwiches at Subway usually too ^^
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I looooove Avacado!!

I cut it in half and use a one half either filled with shrimp or smoked salmon....yummy!!
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I get a teaspoon, top it like a boiled egg and eat it! LOL! but I'm weird! ;)

have been known to peel and eat like an apple too! LOL!

(I used to work on building sites so it was quicker an easier to eat like this)
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love it plain, but I also make a salad with tomato, avocado, red onion and mango. Chop all except the mango. Toss in a dressing with lemon juice, garlic, pepper, olive oil, white wine vengar, salt and pepper and cilantro. Refrigerate then add the chopped avocado before serving.

For lunches I will just chop chicken, avocado, tomato and whatever veggies I have on hand (mushroom, cucumber, peppers etc.) and toss with a low cal greek dressing. Super yummy!!!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed avocado. Halve avocado and scoop out the insides leaving a thin layer in the skin. Mix the flesh up with one small tin of tuna chunks, one finely chopped stick of celery and a small finely chopped red onion. Season to taste. () use black peppercorns, paprika and chilli powder).

Spoon the whole mixture back into the avocado bowl (lol) and serve. Yummy
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I usually have it in my eggs, salads, burgers, or by itself drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic salt.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i LOVE avocado plain with a little salt or my El Savadorian neighbors put it in a their fresh salsa (tomatoes, peppers, onion, cilantro maybe(?), lime) I cant remember all ingredients but you get the gist.
  • Senneth12
    Senneth12 Posts: 72
    Options
    I eat it plain, but it's also good on sandwiches.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love avocado. I eat it plain. Sliced on top of salads and or sandwiches. I blend it up with greek yogurt for a mayo substitute. My latest favorite side is avocado, mango, cilantro salsa. I put it on top of chicken, fish or just eat it with tortilla chips. I also make a avocado, cucumber, watermelon, feta salad.
  • TotalPackageLive
    TotalPackageLive Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have recently feel in like with avocados. I added it to my veggie burger with large slices of tomatoes. I absolutely loved it. I have also been eating it with black beans, sliced avocados and salsa over eggs. with a side of light sour cream. Yum-O
  • TotalPackageLive
    TotalPackageLive Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Avocado bowl, next on my list.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love Avocado sliced with lemon juice and a touch of salt and/or pepper
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    you can put them in a salad, or just slice and eat. As for guacamole, I now use it as a mayonnaise spread instead of mayo. Gives the sandwiches a whole new twist.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use it a substitution for mayo on sandwhiches
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    poached eggs and avocado is the greatest thing iver ever discovered
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    poached eggs and avocado is the greatest thing ive ever discovered