Any gym-junkies want to take me under your wing??!

Options
Pleeeaaaase. I'm a reasonably fit person having always done sports. I am 60kg (132lb) and 162cm tall (5ft 3).
I am an average size, but have always had chunky, muscular thighs and would love to know how to slim and tone them. I'd love to do the same to the rest of my body but legs are definitely my focal point!
I just need help setting goals, because I don't want to do the wrong types of exercise for what i'm aiming to do, just unsure where to find the knowledge!

Thanks guys!

xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pleeeaaaase. I'm a reasonably fit person having always done sports. I am 60kg (132lb) and 162cm tall (5ft 3).
    I am an average size, but have always had chunky, muscular thighs and would love to know how to slim and tone them. I'd love to do the same to the rest of my body but legs are definitely my focal point!
    I just need help setting goals, because I don't want to do the wrong types of exercise for what i'm aiming to do, just unsure where to find the knowledge!

Thanks guys!

xx

what workouts do you currently do?
  • slice01
    slice01 Posts: 12
    Options
    A bit of everything... I do classes at the gym including pump, RPM, boxing, pilates. I go for runs, I go walking, and I do sprint training once a week. Just this week I've started a weights routine in the gym just to try something else (I did upper body monday, lower tues, pure cardio wed, upper thur, lower friday and will do cardio tomorrow).

I have a sneaking suspicion my problem is found majorly in my food... I eat a lot of fruit n veg and wholegrain foods, but I am also a guilty binger too! :(
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    (I did upper body monday, lower tues, pure cardio wed, upper thur, lower friday and will do cardio tomorrow).

this sounds fine, stick to it, with a moderate calorie deficit and plenty of protein and you should be able to lose bodyfat.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like meeeeeeee :D
  • slice01
    Options
    [/quote]

this sounds fine, stick to it, with a moderate calorie deficit and plenty of protein and you should be able to lose bodyfat.
    [/quote]

what is a moderate calorie deficit? sorry, im really new to this stuff!! haha :)
  • slice01
    Options
    You sound exactly like meeeeeeee :D

oh really? please do tell!!! what kind of workouts do you do/ find work for you? :)
  • wonderbolt
    wonderbolt Posts: 48
    Options
    I'd kill for chunky, muscular thighs!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

what is a moderate calorie deficit? sorry, im really new to this stuff!! haha :)

as in not too big a deficit... TDEE -10 or 15% would probably be enough, as from your stats you dont have too much to lose.

google scooby calculator if you dont know your TDEE
  • slice01
    Options

as in not too big a deficit... TDEE -10 or 15% would probably be enough, as from your stats you dont have too much to lose.

google scooby calculator if you dont know your TDEE

OK, I will certainly be googling TDEE... haha thanks so much for your help :D!
  • slice01
    Options

haha aw, i guess that's just how it is - grass is always greener on the other side! I do love having shape, just find them a bit excessively wobbly at times!! hehe :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options

haha aw, i guess that's just how it is - grass is always greener on the other side! I do love having shape, just find them a bit excessively wobbly at times!! hehe :)

if its wobbly, that aint muscle! :wink:
  • slice01
    Options

if its wobbly, that aint muscle! :wink:

ahah hence the description of both 'chunky' and 'muscular'... that wobble needs to goooooooo!