Feeling dizzy?

Options
Recently I have been feeling dizzy when I go from a sitting to standing position. I workout for at least an hour a day(cardio and weights) and I have a pretty clean diet. I keep my sodium intake at less than 1000mg a day. When I add sodium to my diet- it adds pounds to the scale! I am thinking this is happening because I sweat a lot at the gym and I need to up the sodium a little. Does this happen to anyone else and what are your thoughts?? I appreciate any advise.

Replies

• refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, but how many calories are you eating a day? If you are not eating enough it could be making you dizzy also, you may need to be drinking more water. Sodium can add pounds to the scale because it causes water retention, but it is not the same as gaining pounds of fat.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I can not see your diary, but I would assume you are probably not eating enough. Also get your Blood Pressure checked because low Blood pressure can also cause this!
  • kerrie49
    kerrie49 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yep, this happened to me so I added some more salt to my diet and it went away. I had my BP checked as I thought my BP must've dropped lower but in my case it was not enough salt as Bp numbers were the same.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested in seeing what others say because the same has started happening to me recently. Not all the time but sometimes. It could be the heat and needing to drink more water.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Keeping your sodium too low could be the cause. Also check your iron intake because anaemia can cause dizziness too. And as there have said, check you are eating enough in general.
  • ZenBJR
    ZenBJR Posts: 13
    Options
    It happens to me when I eat too little.
  • toomanycats75
    Options
    It could be a balance problem with lacking sodium, potassium, or magnesium. It could also be low blood sugar or low blood pressure. I would see a Dr.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Jily, this is so weird that you posted this. I've been having the same problem for awhile now! I was thinking of having my blood pressure checked as I struggled with high blood pressure for awhile last year before I kicked my butt into gear!

Since we're buds, I know that my calories are 1.5x what yours are AND my sodium is higher too! Hmmm....